Looking for a location called Caprohollow in Kerry

Looking for a location called Caprohollow in Kerry

Author
Posted Thu 20 Jun 2019 12:15 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I have the naturalization papers of my great-great grandfather. It's indicated on the document that he came from Caprohollow, in County Kerry. I haven't had any luck with the maps, and was hoping someone might be able to help. I'm wondering if it is a village or a farm name.

The hope is to find the place and then make a trip over from the US to visit and explore. And maybe continue getting information about his parents, etc. His name was Maurice (Morris) Quinn.

Thanks!
Melissa
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Jun 2019 10:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Melissa, 

It's wonderful you've managed to find the naturalisation papers of your great-great grandfather! 

The name Caprohollow does not ring a bell, and I wasn't able to find anything in the church records, or on the list of townlands or parishes. It is possible that the name has changed throughout the years, or that it was written phonetically when your ancestor arrived in the US. Around what time did he live on the island, and could you perhaps share a scanned copy of the document here? It might give us some additional clues. :)

I hope you'll receive more tips and suggestions from our experts so you're able to find this missing piece of the puzzle! 

Warm regards,

Melin