Cassidy's in Forkhill Ireland

Cassidy's in Forkhill Ireland

Author
Posted Sun 7 Jul 2019 11:11 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good evening--I will be traveling to Ireland March 2020 to do genealogy research for:

Henry Cassidy
  married Elizabeth McCann

Children:  John, Michael, Owen, Margaret, Charles, Patrick, and Peter  immigrated to the US around 1860 or so. The kids were all born in Forkhill.

Where can I go to do research for Forkhill?  Is there a library, court house and cemeteries for Catholics.

v/r
Tracy Cassidy

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Jul 2019 10:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Tracy, 

How exciting that you'll be travelling to the Emerald Isle in March next year to research your roots! I'd love to provide you with some suggestions on which archives and other interesting places to visit in County Armagh

Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records, and all of the remaining records have been sorted into county based genealogical centres. In this case I would recommend a visit to Armagh Ancestry near the Navan Centre & Fort, as they will have access to all of the records and archives from this area and time period. 

Forkhill falls under the Archdiocese of Armagh, and you can reach out to them as well for parish records (marriage/baptism/death). There might also be some information at the National Library of Ireland, so if you're planning on visiting Dublin, I recommend a trip there too. 

Are you still trying to find out more about the Cassidy family before your trip? Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any help!