Dublin to Galway to Dingle - public transportation with day tours

Dublin to Galway to Dingle - public transportation with day tours

Author
Posted Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:08 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
We are planning our first trip to Ireland - including my wife and (adult) son. We are OK with inexpensive transportation between cities, then arranging local tours. I imagine a night in Galway and another on the Dingle Penn before returning to Dublin. So I need any advice on inter-city transportation, plus clues on B&Bs, nocal tours, and we also like hiking!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Mark,

Public transport and local tours are a great way to see parts of the island of Irland without a rental car.

We often use Transport for Ireland's journey planner to work out trips between different locations. It lets you know the providers that have regular timetables that you can use on a specific journey. So from Dublin to Galway, there are several bus companies, Bus Éireann and also Irish Rail who provide services.

You can also work out possible bus services from Galway down towards Dingle Peninsula and also a way back to Dublin at the end of your time with us.

We also have an approved accommodation search page that would be useful for finding accommodation as you travel. Simply enter a destination and type from the drop-down menus to see what is in the local area.

Hiking is a very popular activity with plenty of trails and places to just walk and follow the paths that lead to our many wonderful beaches. There are many signed trail, please have a look at Irish Trails for information on the routes available.

I hope this gives you lots of inspiration, and hopefully, your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list!

If you need any more help, just let me know!

Martin