Visiting Ireland in January 2020

Visiting Ireland in January 2020

Author
Posted Sat 20 Jul 2019 6:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
A darling friend is getting married near Wicklow during the first week of January. I will be arriving from Canada, on December 31 in Dublin, hoping one of our snowstorms won't spoil the plan. I may be a bit jet lagged but I do plan on celebrating New Year's Eve with other Dubliners. From January 3-6 I will be staying around Wicklow, Balliglen, Tinahely, and from the 6th onwards, I intend to visit Wexford, Waterford, Tipperary and finally Limerick. I've been to Limerick 15 years ago and I was impressed. Afterward, I'm not sure of what my itinerary should be. I was thinking of seeing Galway again and the Connemara but then again, I've never seen places like Negah and Carlow. Also, I would like to return to NewGrange.
I'm allowing myself between 12-15 days in Ireland before returning to Ottawa. I would be grateful for suggestions of what to see along the way, where to stay, where to eat. I realize that January may not be the best time to visit (I tend to be a snowbird and go to Jamaica during the winter) but friendship is everything, I will be driving, in Dublin, I will be staying at the Trinity and in Wicklow, I've booked a room at the Murphy. The rest of my stay is open for now, so, grateful for your suggestions. It my be useful for you to know that I'm more the artsy type, loving museums, archeology, and nature.
Erin Go Bragh!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 21 Jul 2019 12:31 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Louise,

A Winter Wedding in Wicklow?  How Wonderful! 🥂 Our Warmest Wishes to the soon-to-be Wedded couple. 😄

We're loving the enthusiasm in your words and look forward to your arrival. You've some lovely plans in place for sure.

Galway is for sure one of my favourite spots to spend time in, especially for the music - though the city museum is spectacular as well! 

With your love of archaeology, a return visit to Newgrange may be just the thing - and when it comes to museums, might we suggest this list of 21 from which to choose? 

Goodness but I could go on and on. 😊  It would be wonderful if some of our Community members would jump in, and offer some of their suggestions for sights and favourite places to stay.  

Warm regards,

Sionainn