Getting to Galway from Dublin Airport

Getting to Galway from Dublin Airport

Author
Posted Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:19 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, my two teenage daughters, my husband, and myself will be visiting Ireland for this first time this summer.  We are super excited!  We are flying into Dublin Airport on a Sunday but staying that night for a few days in Galway. What is the best way to get from Dublin Airport to Galway?  We are not comfortable renting a car to drive on the opposite side of the road. I have heard there are buses and the train, but thought it would be fun to sightsee a bit on the as well. Is it super expensive (and safe?) to hire a personal driver? Roughly how much? Are there any reputable sightseeing bus companies that do this as well?  Any suggestions would be great - thank you!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 27 Jul 2019 10:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi Amy,
             The first option that comes to mind is Galway tours They offer a 1-day sight seeing tour from Dublin to Galway. It comes in around 45 euro per person.  They have a great reputation too.

With this option available, I wouldn't even consider using a more direct route through public transport as you would be missing so many things along the way.

Hiring a car with personal driver can be quite expensive, It is calculated differently dependant on who you book with, but you are talking 350-500 euro a day.

If you want more info on the car, or anything else, just let me know.

Best of luck with it.
Gordee