GoPro Camera found

GoPro Camera found

Author
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi, I live in the far North of Scotland and do a lot of beach cleaning.  During one clean my husband found a GoPro camera.  We cleaned it up and it works!  Looking at the files on the camera, I would say that it belonged to someone who was fishing.  I have some photos from it that have helped slightly in discovering the owner and someone actually pointed out that one of the cars in the photo was Irish.  So have you been sea fishing, from the shore, dropped a camera down on your line and lost it?  Or do you know anyone else who has?

Please let me know if so.

Thank you
Dorcas
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 2:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Dorcas,

It is so unbelievable!

Could you maybe share a picture to see if any of our members could recognize someone?

To all our members on the Island, please let get this GoPro back home to its owner! 😀
(Share away this thread if needed)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 6:44 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
There were so few pictures on it but I will share one or two that I took off of a video.  Most of the videos were of the weed or the camera was spinning around because it was on the end of the line.https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/02-08-2019/0cd6ce71-c5c2-41b7-a6ea-fc35.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 6:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you Elodie for your help.
I had thought it might be the Orkney Islands I was seeing in the background and that might make sense considering where we found the camera.
So if someone traveled to Orkney to fish, and lost their GoPro, I will ask them a question to see if it agrees with what we found.  :)
Good luck, it would be great to find the owner.  
Dorcas
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 6 Aug 2019 9:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Dorcas,

We will do our best to spread the word.
Thanks a lot for the photo and all the clues you have shared. A real detective job! 😊