This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

GoPro Camera found

GoPro Camera found

Author
I'm into this
I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 6 Aug 2019 12:52 PM Visits: 7
Hi, I live in the far North of Scotland and do a lot of beach cleaning.  During one clean my husband found a GoPro camera.  We cleaned it up and it works!  Looking at the files on the camera, I would say that it belonged to someone who was fishing.  I have some photos from it that have helped slightly in discovering the owner and someone actually pointed out that one of the cars in the photo was Irish.  So have you been sea fishing, from the shore, dropped a camera down on your line and lost it?  Or do you know anyone else who has?

Please let me know if so.

Thank you
Dorcas
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 12:37 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:42 PM Visits: 4.7K
Hi Dorcas,

It is so unbelievable!

Could you maybe share a picture to see if any of our members could recognize someone?

To all our members on the Island, please let get this GoPro back home to its owner! 😀
(Share away this thread if needed)
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 2:22 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)I'm into this (288 reputation)
Great Britain
There were so few pictures on it but I will share one or two that I took off of a video.  Most of the videos were of the weed or the camera was spinning around because it was on the end of the line.https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/02-08-2019/0cd6ce71-c5c2-41b7-a6ea-fc35.jpg

Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 6:44 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
Great Britain
Thank you Elodie for your help.
I had thought it might be the Orkney Islands I was seeing in the background and that might make sense considering where we found the camera.
So if someone traveled to Orkney to fish, and lost their GoPro, I will ask them a question to see if it agrees with what we found.  :)
Good luck, it would be great to find the owner.  
Dorcas
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 6:49 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)Community Expert (29.5K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:42 PM Visits: 4.7K
Hi Dorcas,

We will do our best to spread the word.
Thanks a lot for the photo and all the clues you have shared. A real detective job! 😊

Posted Tue 6 Aug 2019 9:55 AM
Question