Open Mic/Open Jam nights?

Open Mic/Open Jam nights?

Author
Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 10:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello to all~
My husband and I have a music trio here in Detroit. We're visiting Ireland in early September 2019, and wondered if there are any open mics or open jam nights that are legendary in any of the cities were staying in: Dublin, Kilkenny, Cork, Killarney, or Galway? If not, might you know of a good website to search for them? We might just get the urge to jam a bit ;o)

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 3 Aug 2019 7:46 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Robin,

It's absolutely thrilling to hear that you and your husband will be visiting our shores and planning such a fun activities during your trip!
  • Dublin: A great option is The Apollo Sessions at the Bleeding Horse pub, a popular with nearby office workers and a good crowd usually congregates to take advantage of the late night bar.
  • Kilkenny: I recommend you to check Cleeres Pub that includes an open traditional music session also takes place on Wednesday nights during the season from 9pm.
  • Galway: The The Cellar Bar at night the main bar plays host to a wide range of music such as open mic nights.

While I couldn't find an open mic option in Killarney, there are several other great places for you to check in the previous list.

I hope this information helps with the planning of your trip, and let's see if some other members will jump in with some other suggestions!

Have a lovely weekend! :D

Romina

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Aug 2019 3:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you so much for the comprehensive list there. Awesome!

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Aug 2019 10:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello again, Robin! :) 

It would be wonderful if you got to join in with some of the music sessions while you're here. What style of music do you and your wife usually like to play? I would love to help you find more jam opportunities. :) 

A great website with information about music sessions in Dublin, including open mic sessions, is Dublin Sessions.

I hope this was helpful! :) 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Oh, this is great!!! Thank you so much!