Americans Traveling with CBD Oil to Ireland

Americans Traveling with CBD Oil to Ireland

Author
Posted Tue 6 Aug 2019 2:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Does anyone know what the restrictions are on traveling with CBD oil in Ireland is? I have some people traveling this week and she has Parkinson's and cannot sleep without it. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 12:42 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Excellent question, Heather. 

While this is not my area of expertise, I understand that Traveler Health is definitely a priority for both our visitors and medical personnel here. 

The rule of thumb is if you’re bringing medicines with you into Ireland, carry them in their original, clearly labeled container, along with your prescription or a letter from your doctor. Anything over a three-month supply of medicine will be questioned and any “controlled drugs” as well as any syringes or needles, should be declared and explained in a letter from your doctor.

Might others in our Community have experience traveling with CBD oil, and offer their knowledge? 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 10:11 AM
View Quick Profile
You can buy CBD oil here, in health shops and there's even dedicated shops in big shopping centres. Depending on the brand she likes to use. Might be useful to have a doctors letter just for peace of mind if she is bringing her own with her. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 11:08 AM
View Quick Profile
You can't travel with CBD Oil from any State that is producing quality oil.   You can buy a version here, but it is not the same as what you can get in a legally selling State in the US.  I would also advise not to have any type of social media pertaining to it when you are traveling in/out of the US as even if you have stocks with any cannabis company in Canada you will be subject to questions when re-entering the States.  It is still illegal under Federal Law of the US. (not even over state lines).  Also, TSA will confiscate it when you are traveling out of the States. 

Hope this helps!
Ginger
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you very much everyone!! I appreciate the help... I just could not find anything online about specifics. I will let my customer know and then she can choose to bring her own or purchase in country when she arrives.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Heather,

If you're a travel consultant, I would strongly advise you to discourage her and do make sure it is her decision that you aren't responsible for in any way. 

Looking forward to the time this is no longer an issue! 

Here is the definition for Ireland : CBD products in Ireland are only legally permitted to contain 0.2pc of THC. CBD is not cannabis, which is illegal.    

This might help her and her doctors come up with a solid plan. 

Happy Travels!
Ginger
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 16 May 2021 8:00 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 16 May 2021 7:57 PM Visits: 1
Your best bet is to travel with broad-spectrum CBD oil. Ireland is still in the grey area on CBD legality but seems to favour products that don't have any THC at all. This is because the misuse of drugs act in Ireland states that thc is a controlled substance. 
Your best bet is to order when you get here as there are loads of Irish companies who sell full-spectrum CBD oil which has THC. See Dr. Hemp Me CBD Oil.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 22 Oct 2021 6:50 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Oct 2021 6:15 AM Visits: 3
Good afternoon. Tell me, did you go to Ireland with your grandmother after all? I'm going to visit friends and I need my CBD oil, so I'd like to hear about your experience. I order it on https://joyorganics.com/blogs/news/10-tips-for-traveling-with-cbd-oil and I am satisfied with the quality of their products, so I would not like to buy it somewhere else. Are there any requirements for the place of purchase? Or maybe I need to take medical documents with me or something else? Thanks for your reply.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Oct 2021 12:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:53 PM Visits: 26.2K
Hi Aniball,

We're happy to hear you are planning a trip to our island to see your friends! 💚

As Sionainn previously mentioned, it is advisable to always carry any medicines and medical equipment in their original and correctly labelled package and bring along a copy of your prescription and a letter from your doctor. Documentation should probably contain details of your medicine, including its generic name (not just the brand name) and the name of the health condition that you need the medicine for. Any "controlled drugs", should be declared and explained in your doctor's letter. A supply of medicine for more than 3 months will be questioned.

It might also be best for you to carry your medicine and documentation in your hand luggage, although you should check your airline's regulations prior to your trip. You might want to pack some extra medicine in your suitcase or hold luggage in case you lose your hand luggage.

It is your responsibility to check whether your medications are legal in Ireland. You may need a personal licence to take controlled medicines abroad. I strongly recommend for you to contact your local Irish or UK embassy (should you plan on visiting Northern Ireland) to find out about your particular medicine and any requirements on your documentation.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Rebecca ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 12 Apr 2024 2:27 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 3
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 11:58 AM Visits: 3
I saw your post about traveling with CBD oil to Ireland. I've heard that it can be tricky since different countries have different regulations. As far as I know, Ireland has fairly strict rules about CBD products, so it's important to check with the Irish authorities or embassy before your trip.If you're still looking for info, I recently came across some interesting stuff about medical cannabis and its potential benefits. It's a hot topic these days, especially with more countries legalizing it for medical use.