First trip alonel / Visit of Dublin & Lough Tay (Kattegat)

First trip alonel / Visit of Dublin & Lough Tay (Kattegat)

Author
Posted Tue 6 Aug 2019 5:50 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hey good afternoon!

My name is Paul, I am 19 years old and I am from France. This is the first time I post a topic on this site. I am looking for information and especially for help, I would like to organize a trip to Dublin but this is the first time that I will go abroad alone and so I confess that the stress is somewhere present. One because I’m going alone but two because I have to organize all this and I don’t really know how to do it.

My purpose on this trip is to experience the thing, to visit Dublin and to meet its inhabitants, to see the Lough Tay (Kattegat in the Vikings tv show) and also to discover myself. I plan to fly there and stay there for about 5 days while sleeping in a tent in a campsite at the end of August 2019.

So I come here mostly looking for advice and people who can help me know if this is all possible and if it is how.... Plane, transport, tent camping, visit to Lough Tay & Dublin City.
I have already sought for information on internet, but I am still a little vague, I need to talk to people directly and that all this becomes concrete... Forgive me for my lack of autonomy on that point.

Thank you very much and hope to find answers here so I can leave at the end of the month!
Paul from France!
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Aug 2019 9:56 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Bonjour Paul, 

Nous sommes heureux de vous voir ici ! 

You came to the right place to find answers to your questions! 

It's so great you are doing this trip alone! Please, don't worry, Ireland is an amazing place to visit on your own, and locals are friendly and kind! 

First, here is a day tour to County Wicklow where you can visit many attractions, including Lough Tay. The tour is from Dublin and is going to many places! You also have Glendalough Bus Services going from Dublin to Glendalough if you want another option! Here is their schedule for Winter and Summer! 

About camping sites, Camac Valley Tourist Caravan and Camping Park might be a good option. It is located in Clondalkin, at only a short distance from Dublin City Centre.

You can find some flights by using this research tool. You just need to share your departure and arrival cities!

Finally, you can visit Dublin and enjoy the city on a little budget. An article is telling you more about that right here.

I hope this information was helpful! Keep us posted on your adventures! 

Bon voyage. :)

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 6:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you very much!
This was very helpful indeed! 

Hope I wasn't too annoying ;) 

Bye
Paul

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Aug 2019 10:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Paul,

You will never annoy us with questions; we are here to help, so please ask away!
Ireland was also my first trip away, and I never left. 😄

My advice will be not to be scared to chat and meet new people. I know you mentioned staying at a campsite but have you thought of Hostels too? Hostels are an excellent way also to meet other people traveling, often single travelers too. You have a few in Dublin city center, and the price may be close to what you will pay for a campsite. Have a look at the list here.

I am myself a fan of the Series Viking! I am sure you will love the old part of Dublin city around Dublinia, which is worth a visit if you are interested in the Viking life.

Have you booked your flights already? Let me know if you need help with getting from the airport to the campsite or hostel you choose to stay at.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 23 Oct 2019 12:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:40 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Paul.

How was your holiday on our island? I hope you had the opportunity to mingle with the locals and explore Dublin and its surrounding area.

Feel free to share your trip experience here. Also, if you have tips for solo travellers, you're more than welcome to share them with us.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey! :)