Regal Princess cruise visiting Cobh and Dublin. Needing accessible taxi for three electric...

Regal Princess cruise visiting Cobh and Dublin. Needing accessible...

Author
Posted Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:40 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello folks.

I am in the planning stages of my cruise trip next May 2020 and need to find a mini bus or taxi that can take two electric wheelchairs and one small scooter plus three PA’s (walking people).
The ship is visiting Cobh on May 6th and we would like to do a trip to Blarney. The next stop is Dublin on May 7th and need to get into town for a look around.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest a suitable taxi that would be able to accommodate my party.
Cheers
Carl
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Carl,

It's so good to hear that you and your group will be heading to our little isle soon! It'd be a pleasure to help make planning your adventure a bit easier.

I am very pleased to let you know that there are a wealth of accessibility options and resources available. One of my favourites is this article about accessibility, which lists a ton of helpful resources and advice to make traveling across Ireland easier for people with limited mobility. There are links to sites like Accessible Ireland, a wonderful organization devoted to finding and listing spots that are easily accessible, with helpful breakdowns of how different venues help to accommodate people with disabilities. 

More to the point, I think that the National Transport Authority would be a wonderful resource for you. They work to gather information about accessible transport across Ireland, including taxis and buses, and would be best able to direct you towards the options perfect for you and your party.

As you're stopping by Dublin, I'm also happy to say that there are accessible buses within the city as well. However, you may need to reach out to Dublin Bus directly, so that they can be aware of your group's needs and ensure the correct resources are available to you. 

I do sincerely hope that this helps. If you need any more help or advice, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kindest regards,

~Rochelle