My trip to England

My trip to England

Author
Posted Mon 19 Aug 2019 2:42 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Now, I know there are some who will read this and think I am crazy about asking about England in a Tourism Ireland blog but I am in loose ends.  There was many of you who when I asked about transportation and other things concerning my trip to Carlow this year was gracious to help me out so here I am asking.  Let me explain.

Hopefully this coming March of next year, I will be going to England, mainly the town of Riddings in Derbyshire, to visit a friend, some family members that I haven't seen in forever as well as to visit the country,  I have tried to contact both the official Tourism website of Great Britain and the website for Derbyshire three times each with questions and my email about the best transportation to use to get from either Heathrow or Gatwick to Riddings.  I have not gotten any response from either of them.

Is there any of you good people that could tell me if there is a website or to give me advice involving trains, buses or taxis from the airports to Riddings?

Thank you, John Bergman

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 19 Aug 2019 8:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi John,

I have to say, your question did surprise me, but we are always happy to help when we can! 😉

There is a website I use to check how to get from A to B via public transport, and it seems to be working for England too. I have done the search from Heathrow airport to Riddings, but you can change the search depending on which airport will be your starting point.
here is the link: http://bit.ly/2Z0VbOt

I hope this help.

Elodie

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 29 Aug 2019 4:45 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Dear Elodie:

Thank you very much for the link you provided.  I kind of had a feeling that some one would think I was daft for asking but, as I said, I've tried the website of both Tourism Great Britain and the town of Derbyshire about getting that information a total of three times and I have not heard anything back.

Which goes to show you that if you want to have something done right and quickly..................you ask the Irish.

Once again, thank you.

John.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
You are welcome John! 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/30-08-2019/91993331-508a-4093-abdc-0bba.gif