I want to spend a day at the beach, where can I go?

I want to spend a day at the beach, where can I go?

Author
Posted Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:40 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Dramatic views make Ireland’s beaches stand out from the crowd. Often found at the foothills of mountains and trimmed by fine golden sands extending as far as the eye can see, they are perfect for those wishing to take a slow stroll or a dip in the mighty Atlantic.

Starting down in County Cork, Inchydoney beach is a glorious, unspoiled gem on the south coast. Barreling waves make this the ideal spot for aspiring surfers, so if the weather is fine there’s nothing to get in the way of an adventure-filled day. The beach is only a few kilometers from town and is accessible by car.

With seven miles of beautiful sandy shores, Benone beach on the Causeway Coastal Route has received multiple awards, including the prestigious Blue Flag award. From the moment you sink your toes into the sand, you’ll see why it’s a favourite amongst the locals. These soft, golden dunes are surrounded by magnificent mountains and cliffs. On a clear day, you may even see Binevenagh mountain.

With the Ballycastle Golf Course as its backdrop, Ballycastle beach in County Antrim is fast becoming another favourite along the Causeway Coastal Route. Just over one kilometre in length, this beach may be small but the spectacular views make this a must-see if you’re travelling along the coast!

Whether you’re searching for a secret spot or want to stick to the local favourites, County Galway will not disappoint. Ask for directions to Coral beach at Carraroe and you’ll discover a quiet, natural beauty. Take a walk on the fine coral and explore the small rock pools away from the city crowds.

Can our community members recommend any other beaches that they love?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/22-08-2019/37d0acca-ed80-4e50-b9ac-348c.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 5:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 2 Mar 2023 6:40 PM Visits: 96
It is definitely Kilpatrick Beach!

It is a small beach with little parking but is is very lovely.
I've got so many inspirations to my jewellery design ideas being on the Kilpatrick Beach.

Family friendly, and not so crowded.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 8:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
We are definitely blessed with an array of fine beaches!

It's great to hear that you are inspired by and use your experiences to create wonderful art.

Kilpatrick Beach has some rare shells and stones, a special location on the County Wexford coast.