Canadian passport, 3 month or six month stay?

Canadian passport, 3 month or six month stay?

Author
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 1:32 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am aware that the Republic of Ireland will grant me a three month stay and the UK is six, are these seperate or combined? Thank you for any information you might be able to offer, Roxanne.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Roxanne,

The duration of stays you mention are for people visiting without a visa which I assume is what you are thinking of.

The best place to contact would be your local Embassies regarding if the durations can run concurrently without the need to return to Canada. For the Republic of Ireland, the Embassy is in Ottowa at Suite 1105 (11th Floor), 130 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4 and for the UK it is also in Ottowa, 80 Elgin Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5K7. Please contact them to confirm the requirements as they will be able to provide the most up to date and accurate information.

What are your plans to do during your visits to both the Island of Ireland and the UK?

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 3:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
see the sights and tip a pint mostly. oh and some geneology, my dad is a Bowser and his mother was a Dunbar from the Dooley's.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 7:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Roxanne,

It sounds like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you!

Personally, I just love to hear when someone is looking to learn more about their family tree. There's nothing better than seeing someone connect with their roots and see exactly where their family came from. If there's anything that we can do to help you prepare for the genealogical part of your adventure, please don't hesitate to let us know. There are actually a number of helpful guides to get you started here on this very site, in fact.

Between us, we might also know some very special spots to stop by, like local pubs and secret getaways that are off the beaten track. So if you need any help at all planning, we're certainly happy to point you in the right direction. That, or just have a quick chat.

Thank you for joining our little community and we do hope that we're able to make your trip as delightful and unforgettable as possible.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Aug 2019 12:27 AM
View Quick Profile
I am all about secret getaways! Any advice to help me find a quiet little burg to curl up in for awhile? I am planning to come this fall.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Aug 2019 10:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
There are some fantastic spots scattered all over the island, Rosy.

From cosy little gate lodges, to castle Keeps and old manor houses. Rather than just throw a huge bunch of them at you, let's try to narrow things down and work out what would suit you best.

With that in mind.
Where in Ireland are you looking to stay? 
Would you prefer self-catering or would you rather have a host prepare your meals?
Finally, how many of you are travelling?

Once I hear back from you I will list some suggestions. In the meantime check out this Itinerary for spots to visit off the beaten-track.
Looking forward to your reply
Gordee
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 7:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Rosy, did you manage to make it over to the Emerald Isle this autumn? We'd love to hear more about your adventures here.