Group travel: where to stay for 200 people?

Group travel: where to stay for 200 people?

Author
Posted Tue 3 Sep 2019 2:36 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Irish community!

I'm hoping you can help me. I'm looking for accommodation for a big group of people (200 of us!) for our company retreat in December.

I'm struggling to search the sites for something big, but also special and not just another normal hotel.

Does anyone know of a place that I should look into?

Thanks so much!
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:28 PM Visits: 21.9K
Hi Jessie,
thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. I think the best page for you to check is: https://www.meetinireland.com/find/accommodation. The page should have listings of a wide range of accommodation available on the island.

If you need any additional help, you could also get in touch with our Tourism Ireland office in Copenhagen - info.nordics@tourismireland.com.

I hope this helps and hopefully some of the other members will be able to add some more info.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Sep 2019 9:21 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Jessie,
I hope I can help you, we have a beautiful Spa Hotel on the North Coast, about 20 minutes from the Airport which could facilitate 200 clients.

Could you tell me have you a date in mind and how many nights it would be for?

I could also look into getting you accommodation in a few other places, once I would know your requirements.

If you would like to e-mail on frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk with your full requirements, I would be very happy to get you some prices.

Kind Regards
Frances

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Sep 2019 10:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)Industry Member (88 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 19 Aug 2021 3:14 PM Visits: 12
Hi Jessie,  I hope you are well?  We would be delighted to help!  If you could please contact yvonnemcilree@titanichotelbelfast.com.
We will look forward to hearing from you :)

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Sep 2019 11:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Jessie, 

It must be so much fun to travel with the whole company to the Emerald Isle in December! :) I can imagine that you want a special place for your retreat, and you've already received a lot of useful tips and ideas from our other members. Can you tell us a little bit more about your plans so far? When are you planning on coming over, how many rooms would you need, and do you have a preference for a certain area on the island?

Depending on the activities, you can choose to stay either in a city, or out in the countryside. For example, the Clayton Hotel on Cardiff Lane is located in the middle of Dublin city centre, and you can easily explore Trinity College or venture out onto O'Connell Street from there. 

If you have some outdoor activities planned, you might like staying at the Grand Hotel in Malahide which is close to the coast, or venture out on the Lakes of Killarney in the Europe Hotel & Resort along the Ring of Kerry.

You could of course also make it a special experience by staying in a unique accommodation like for example the Royal Marine Hotel,  the famous Shelbourne Hotel or even stay in a castle, like the Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa in County Meath, or the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa in County Down. 

I know there is a lot to choose from, so feel free to reach out here if there is anything you need. :) Keep us posted on your plans! 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Sep 2019 4:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you so much everyone for the help! I really appreciate it.

In my opinion https://www.meetinireland.com/find/accommodation < this website was the best. (Thanks Christoph!). It helped me see the amount of rooms, location, and basic feel before I even opened them.

I've decided to go into the countryside a bit (not too far from Dublin), so Titanic Hotel Belfast I'm afraid we're going to skip you for now. Melin you gave really beautiful suggestions and I've spoken to a couple of them already.

Frances - I've already reached out to most hotels but I'll let you know if I'm struggling.

Thank you once again - what a lovely and kind community you all are!

/ Jessie
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 10 Sep 2019 9:23 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Many thanks for letting us know how your plans are progressing!

Big thanks to all our members Frances, Titanic Belfast, and Christoph and Melin too, for their suggestions, it is a bit tricky to co-ordinate for such a large group, we can't wait to hear about your final decision.

Please keep us up to date and when the time has come, maybe a photo or two of the team enjoying their visit with us.

Martin