I love the outdoors and exploring, but can I do that with the Irish weather?

I love the outdoors and exploring, but can I do that with the Irish...

Author
Posted Thu 5 Sep 2019 8:24 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
It can’t be said that people visit the island of Ireland for sunshine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time! People visit for the culture, the ‘craic’ and the warm welcome that they receive the minute they step through the door. As the Irish say, you can experience all four seasons in a day, so just embrace whatever weather comes your way! 

With our wide variety of plants and trees, during the spring and summer months the island of Ireland is a glorious rainbow of colour and an endless patchwork of green that we’re famous for. But, if you can’t visit then, autumn has plenty to offer as the leaves turn to beautiful shades of gold and red. You can see it all in the countryside, or you can tour our wide variety of gardens and parks, including Phoenix Park in County Dublin, or the Botanic Gardens in Belfast. 

Because of the weather, we have attractions that can be visited all year round! Spring and summer are naturally the busiest months, but visiting in autumn and winter can have its rewards as well. Dubbed a ‘savage beauty’ by Oscar Wilde, Connemara is a sight to behold when the only company you have is the nature and wildlife around you. Off-peak adventures often mean that you may be able to visit popular spots that are usually packed with visitors. Visit the murals in the Walled City without being hurried along, or smell the sea salt in the air as you walk above the stormy Gobbins cliff path

No matter the season, you can always find a beautiful view on the island of Ireland, so it's best to throw on your hiking boots and start exploring! You can walk for miles along the Causeway Coastal Route or the Wild Atlantic Way right next to the sea. These epic routes are perfect whatever the weather; with a mixed sky of clouds and bright sunshine, or on a cool day before warming up by a roasting fire in a cosy pub! 

There are also plenty of tours and trails for you to enjoy while you’re on the island of Ireland. Make your way to Northern Ireland to experience a Game of Thrones® location tour and immerse yourself in the Seven Kingdoms. Or tour the island trying out Ireland’s whiskies, and see what makes them so special! 

Can our Community members recommend any other outdoor activities for our visitors to try?