November

November

Author
Posted Sun 8 Sep 2019 4:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My wife and I are scheduled to arrive in Mid November of this year. November was picked because of our availability and its my birthday as well. However, we are a bit concerned about what we might find as far as weather conditions. It is what it is, but what might we expect?

Tom
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 8 Sep 2019 7:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Tom, 

I'm so happy to hear that you and your wife will be stopping by for a birthday celebration! 

If you ask me, November is a lovely time to visit. The weather here in Ireland is quite temperate throughout the year, so it doesn't get too cold in late autumn. If you'd like a second opinion, I'd recommend taking a quick peek at this thread all about the weather here on the Emerald Isle. It touches on the changing leaves and welcoming pubs where you can warm up if it does get just a touch too cool.

I would also advise packing long sleeves and a thick, waterproof jacket, just to be on the safe side. There's also an article on our website with a little more information about how to prepare for each season if you'd be interested.

I do hope that this helps!

Oh, and do you mind if I ask what you and your wife have planned so far? I'd love to hear about your trip ideas, and maybe even offer a bit of inspiration.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 11 Sep 2019 5:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank You Rochelle,

We have no real plans at this point. We have booked the following Accommodations:

1) Cabra Castle Hotel-2nights
2) Kilron Castle Estate and Spa-1 night-birthday night
3) Bunratty Castle Hotel-2 nights
4) Dunboyne Castle1 night

We have a car rented so travel will be about those hubs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have thought of driving to Belfast, but that as well is uncertain. This was to be an exploring trip for future visits.

Tom

Thanks For Your Help
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 12 Sep 2019 9:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
That sounds like some lovely places to stay indeed!

Belfast would be a great place to visit from your base in County Cavan. It's about 90 minutes straight to Belfast but you may wish to take a more coastal road approach and visit Carlingford, Newcastle and also Hillsborough Castle and Gardens on the way.

Between your stay in Cabra Castle and the Kilron Castle Estate, the Hidden Heartlands offer plenty to keep you busy, our trip ideas pages are full of great suggestions to keep you busy with waterfalls, castles, and blueways to fill your days.

Bunratty Castle & Folk Park is a lovely place to visit too. The history and the old villages really bring to life what it was to be in Ireland back in the old days. County Clare is a favorite place to visit, so many iconic locations, I am sure the Cliffs of Moher will be on your itinerary.

With your last stop in Ireland's Ancient East, again plenty to see on the way over from the west, a trip to the Brú na Bóinne is always high on anyone's list.

I hope I haven't overdone the suggestions, please feel free to fit in what you are most interested in without overdoing your birthday celebration trip with us! 🥂

Hopefully, your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list. 

Speak soon, 
Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 Dec 2019 1:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Tom, as you have just been to Ireland last month, we'd love to hear more about your trip! How was the weather during your time here? :)