I’ve heard Ireland’s whiskey experiences are amazing! Where can I try the best whiskey on the island...

I’ve heard Ireland’s whiskey experiences are amazing! Where can I try...

Author
Posted Wed 11 Sep 2019 11:53 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
You can discover full flavours and a unique blend of ingredients wherever you go on the island of Ireland. Whiskey distilleries are booming, in fact, you wouldn’t even have to leave Dublin to experience multiple world-class distillery tours. But if you’re looking for a blend of tradition and innovation, here’s where you need to go.

If you want to find the trendiest new distillery in Dublin, then you have to visit Roe & Co distillery. Named for George Roe, the distiller who ushered in the first golden age of whiskey, the emphasis here is on fun. Learn all about the craft of distilling, how to blend, and a ‘hands-on flavour workshop’. Expect a colourful tour of Ireland’s whiskey heritage and a complimentary tipple at the end!

However, if you’re looking for something a bit more traditional, then a visit to Bushmills distillery in County Antrim is a must. This is where whiskey flowed first. The oldest distillery on the island of Ireland, this is one of the few distilleries that blend and bottle under the same roof. If you go on a tour, you can see how a real working distillery operates. Having celebrated its 400th birthday in 2008, you’re definitely amongst the masters of the craft at Bushmills.

The Stapleton family from America reconnected with their Irish cousins, and together they opened the Connacht Whiskey Company in County Mayo. They really celebrate the founders’ Irish and American heritage, and their distilling process reflects that. They mix fine Irish grains with water from the nearby lakes, and then mature the whiskey in American oak barrels to create some really unique flavour combinations!

In 2013, Echlinville distillery in County Down became the first licensed distillery in 125 years in Northern Ireland. The secret to its success? This patch of land has been farmed for generations by the family, so they understand the soil better than anyone else. Enjoy the world class spirits on the very sweet afternoon tea tour!

Have any of our Community members toured the island of Ireland’s distilleries? What ones did you love?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/11-09-2019/a50fac0e-66b4-409c-9fa5-69d7.jpg