Had the most amazing 3 days in Ireland

Had the most amazing 3 days in Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
In July this year I visited Ireland for the first time with my sister in law she had managed to get a fantastic 3 day deal which covered our air fair from Manchester to Belfast return, hotel plus 2 amazing trips just goes to show you dont need to spend a fortune to have a great time.

Our first day was spent site seeing around Belfast and this is where the Hop On Hop Off buses come in they take you all over the city and the guide was full of information plus we had a little Irish banter along the way. In and around the shopping center we saw a few buskers who were just amazingly talented they created a crowd around themselves and it made you want to stop and listen for a while.

Day two was the start of our first trip which was the Games of Thrones the coach was just around the corner from our hotel so we didnt have far to go the driver was brilliant and he certainly had done his homework because he knew all about the filming locations and the characters of the series. The trip took us along the coastal road I didn't realize just how beautiful the scenery was on that part of Ireland however what made my day was going to see the Dark Hedges they simply took my breath away apparently this tree lined road had been used in one of the scenes on Game of Thrones however there is a story to these beech trees and sadly they are now coming to the end of there lives and slowly one by one they are falling down. Our day finish up at the Giants causeway unfortunately by the time we got there the sea mist was coming in fast so we didnt stay as long as we hoped.

Day three was our 2nd trip to see the Titanic in Belfast its a monument to Belfast's maritime heritage on the site of the former Harland & Wolff shipyard in the city's Titanic Quarter where the RMS Titanic was built. Wow the building was just amazing so much to see we even got to stand just where the Titanic ship had once stood it sent shivers down my spine and sad as well knowing that this famous ship is now at the bottom of the sea.

We packed so much into our 3 days and just had enough time to get our bags and travel back to the airport thankfully I took my camera with me and now have got lots of great pictures to look back on however we will be back as there is still so much more to see in Ireland I absolutely loved it and would recommend that you give it a try you will not be dissapointed 

Here are some of my pictures that I Took
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-09-2019/d8a45d35-54b6-4a19-bcee-8cc6.jpghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-09-2019/d6f7b13a-9a20-42ad-8a95-f675.jpghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-09-2019/c88f03d0-0551-4edb-8ee2-4d25.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:02 PM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Marilyn,

It definitely sounds like you packed a lot in on your 3 day visit!  Your photos look great, it's just a pity that you didn't get to spend as long as you would have hoped at the Giant's Causeway but that is the joys of our weather!

If you ever plan to return, Coleraine Visitor Information Centre will be happy to help with any queries or questions you may have about the Causeway Coast and Glens region.

I have included a link to our website which includes sample itineraries should you decide to visit again.

https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/welcome/maps-guides/

Best Wishes 
Alison 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Sep 2019 9:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Marilyn,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know all about your trip to Belfast and the surrounding area!

As Alison said, the photos are lovely and really show us and our other members some of the beauty of the area and the wonderful Titanic building and exhibition.

It's always nice to get a good deal when traveling anywhere, we hope that this is the start of many trips and maybe the weather will be better for a full Giant's Causeway experience.

Once again, thanks for the photos and lovely words, please feel free to add any more if you have time.

Martin