First time in Ireland

First time in Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 20 Sep 2019 2:43 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 11
Italy
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 7 Apr 2022 7:33 PM Visits: 36
Good Evening, i'm Annamaria from Italy and me and my husband are planning to visit finally Ireland this October from the 10th to the 17th.
We stay just one week and we plan to Visit : Dublin, Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, Dunguaire Castle (we know that is close in October..but maybe just for picture for a Medieval Banch)  Bunratty Castle, King John's Castle,  Dingle peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Ross Castle, Cashel Rock, Kilkenny Castle, San Canice Cathedral. 
Do you think is a good plan or I have to cancel something? Is too much for just a week?  I've some difficult to understand where sleep during the road. We love nature, castle, nice village and good food... in particular good food! 
We 're looking forward to be there! 
Thanks in advice for your help 
Annamaria
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Sep 2019 9:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Advocate
Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Oct 2022 12:12 AM Visits: 10.7K
Ciao Annamaria!

You chose a very beautiful period to come and visit Ireland. I love all the colors of the autumn leaves here 🍂 and the weather can be very nice.

The amount of things and places you want to see in the time you have available is up to you and depends on how you like to spend your holiday time: I personally prefer taking all the time I want when visiting places, even if that means to see less. 

Anyhow, keep in mind that Irish distances are not big so trying to see more attractions is absolutely feasible.

Regarding your sleeping question, you can use this accommodation searching tool to find places to stay for the night, and since you like nature and particular accommodation, you can take a look at these options. 😉

Good food, ha... We're on the same track, Annamaria!
This article will inspire your eating choices while on the island.

I'm so excited for your coming soon trip to the Emerald Island!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Sep 2019 10:42 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)I'm hooked (447 reputation)
Italy
Hi Marcella!
Tnx a lot for your advice ( especially for the food one  ;P ) 
I think that i'm not explained very weel about what i mean for " I've some difficult to understand where sleep during the road" : what i wanted to say is that in that  hypothetical path, i don't know where to stop , which village ( excluding dingle becose i absolutely want to sleep there ) is the best near these attractions . 
I'm very happy that you mean the weather in autumn, becose i was a little worried, and what you've sayd in your reply confort me . 
Thank a lot for your kind help
Annamaria

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Advocate
Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)Community Advocate (11.7K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Di nulla, Annamaria!

Regarding your concern for where to stop near the attractions you’d like to visit, what I can tell you is that everywhere will be fine, because all villages and towns in Ireland are nice and very typical so you won’t be disappointed.

When I travel and I haven’t decided in advance where to stop, I like to let a place inspire me and make me decide to stop there (go with the flow). You can also use a map just to have a look at towns and villages in the surroundings and then pick the ones that arouse your curiosity.
The accommodation searching tool I gave you lets you also view results on a map.

And for the weather, don’t forget to wear layers (vestiti a strati!). Keep in mind that Irish weather is famous for being very unpredictable. 🌞🌧️🌞☁️🌈

Buona scelta!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Sep 2019 9:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Jul 2022 7:52 PM Visits: 328
Hello Annamaria 

Ireland October 10th to 17th. A road route

October 10th - Dublin. City sights & overnight. 
October 11th Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, Dunguaire Castle  - Galway overnight
October 12th - Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, King John's Castle, Adare village overnight
October 13th - Dingle Peninsula - Dingle overnight
October 14th - Ring of Kerry, Ross Castle, Muckross House - Killarney overnight.
October 15th - Rock of Cashel, Kilkenny Castle,San Canice Cathedral.  - Kilkenny overnight
October 16th - Dublin overnight.
Annamaria, I would not reserve / pre book accommodations with this itinerary, as we say just wing it. Marcella is so right watch the weather and bring the layers.
Enjoy your visit
Conor 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Sep 2019 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
Italy
Wow!
Thanks a lot to everyone! 
You make me feel like Ireland is waiting for me ! Is the first time that i feel like this ! Also the tourist office had answered to me so kindly..really thanks. 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Advocate
Island of Ireland
Che piacere sentirti così emozionata, Annamaria! 

You're right, Ireland is waiting for you to be explored and enjoyed. 😊

We can't wait to have you here.

Keep us posted!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Jan 2020 8:47 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
Italy
Hi again to everyone !
Last October ( 2 days before my holiday plan start ) I've received a new working call, so I can't came to Ireland as I planned, BUT, I don't give up, and I'll try again this April for Easter holiday from the 9th to the 14th (but I've the plane back early in the morning so I can't count the 14th as a good day), so I've 5 fully day !
Is April a good season to visit Ireland or is it still "early"? (I mean if attraction are closed because it is low season) 
Is there something particular and traditional, like a festival to see? 
I know that in Ireland the weather is very changeable, but I've read that April is not a good month for traveling there, I hope it is not true. 
Thanks a lot in advance for your answers as always!

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 8 Jan 2020 10:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Advocate
Island of Ireland
Buongiorno Annamaria e buon 2020. 😊

I'm sorry you couldn't make your planned trip to Ireland last October, but I truly like your spirit.
Yes, don't give up! 👍

We like to say "It's always a good time to come and visit Ireland!", so don't worry about the weather (as you said, it's unpredictable, which also means that you could have wonderful days during your visit 😉); in April, you will enjoy the Spring, the colors and the nice smell of the blossomed fields.

I've put together few pages In this album: you can find some information on the weather in Ireland, festivals during the whole year (April included), a search page for events and some suggestions on what to do in April.

Regarding the attractions, most of them will be open, unless there are any exceptional situations for closing. I advise you to check on the specific websites to be sure you can access them.

Buona programmazione e tienici aggiornati!