Looking Forward to Ireland!

Looking Forward to Ireland!

Author
Posted Sat 5 Oct 2019 3:11 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I had posted this on the Facebook page Ireland Tips for Travelers. I was contacted by someone from this Ireland.com site asking if I would post it here, so here it is!
Seven months ago I posted about a wonderful thing that happened after the worst thing that ever happened to me. My husband had been sick for years with Dementia and a host of physical ailments that required a permanent tracheostomy, feeding tube and colostomy. My son and I took care of him full time at home, but we could not leave him alone. I used to go on this site and other Irish sites, dreaming about going to Ireland someday. It was a mental escape that got me through some tough days. My husband passed away in January. Two months after that I was contacted by Walter Ryan-Purcell, owner of Walter’s Way Tours. He said he had received an email from an old college friend of mine who told him about my story. He wanted to give me a two week trip to Ireland. I was skeptical at first, but I did some research and everything I read said he was a wonderful host and gentleman.
I was so touched then and I still am now. He created an itinerary of all the places I said I most wanted to see, even including the two places where my grandparents came from.
These days with all the bad news there is out there, I thought my story was worth repeating. It’s a story of generosity and the kindness of strangers. So I want to pay it forward and say if anyone is thinking about taking a small, personalized group tour, please consider booking with Walter’s Way Tours.
I am so excited to be traveling with him in May!🍀☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Oct 2019 4:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Wow, what an amazing story, Deb! Thanks so much for sharing it with us here. :)

I'm also very sorry to hear about your loss, and I can imagine this must have been a very difficult time. It's wonderful that your friend got in touch with Walter, and that he is paying it forward by giving you the chance to explore the island in May. 

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful news, and please keep us posted on your plans and of course adventures here. We also have a super helpful group of experts on our genealogy section just in case you'd like to find out more about your roots before your visit. 
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Oct 2019 8:53 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you! I feel blessed.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Oct 2019 8:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/06-10-2019/cfac09ab-65d1-496f-8957-375d.gif
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Oct 2019 12:00 PM
View Quick Profile
That cute! 🥰