Few days East Coast by public transport?

Few days East Coast by public transport?

Author
Posted Wed 9 Oct 2019 7:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello!

Very last minute but I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's best to see on the east coast if I won't be driving? I have researched but genuinely can't make up my mind!! Tempted to do a day in every place :)

I will be arriving in Shannon on the 14th and travelling straight to Galway in the morning.

14th-15th: Visit Galway
16th: Travel to Dublin (I have already visited it multiple times but I am going as I have tickets for a show)
17th - 21st: This is when I'm undecided.. part of me was tempted to do 17th Kilkenny (visit and sleep there), 18th Waterford (visit and sleep) and 19th travel to Cork 
21st: travel back to Dublin as return flight is from Dublin

Is this too ambitious? Should I just visit one location?
Any advice is really appreciated! :)
Thank you!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 Oct 2019 9:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello!

It's not too long at all until you arrive, so hopefully, we can help out with your plans.

Your ideas of Kilkenny, Waterford, and Cork are lovely. Using a combination of train and bus travel, it is indeed possible to explore Ireland's Ancient East and visit all three locations after Dublin and the show!

Transport for Ireland has a wonderful journey planner that you can use to find the providers of the most suitable service. I have started you off with the trip from Dublin to Kilkenny, please have a look and find the most suitable to your needs. You can then use the planner to find your next options from Kilkenny to Waterford then on to Cork and back to Dublin. Travel times vary so keep this in mind as this will impact on the amount of time you will be in each location

You may decide on staying a bit longer in one place if there is something of particular interest. We have a lovely approved accommodation search page to have a look at regarding places to stay. We have pre-selected Kilkenny to get you started, please feel free to change the location and type from the drop-down menus. As you have some flexibility, just see how your days plan out, you could always come back again! :)

I hope this gives you lots of inspiration, and hopefully, your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list!

If you need any more help, just let me know!

Martin