Finding family

Finding family

Author
Posted Sat 12 Oct 2019 9:41 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good morning.
I am visiting Navan for a week and would like to get in contact with any of my mums family in Drogheda and Dundalk. 
Mum Margaret Martin was from a large family I believe there where around 13 brothers and sisters. 
Her mum was called Biddy (bridgette) and father was John,
Some of her siblings are, John Nealy Mary Lindy-loo
And Patsy moved to Manchester I believe. 
My mum had family at Father Murray Park. 
Any help would be very appreciated. 
Maria 

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 12 Oct 2019 3:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Maria,

It's so lovely to hear that you're looking to reconnect with your family! I'd be absolutely delighted to lend a helping hand. 

Is it safe to say that your mum was born here in Ireland? If so, there may be a number of resources to help in your search. For example, if your mum was born in the Republic of Ireland after 1921, I'd suggest contacting the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO) for help finding more information.

There's also a helpful guide on how to track down genealogy right here on our community. This may help get you started with tracking down where exactly your family is now so that you can reach out.

If you'd like to share just a wee bit more about your family, I might be able to offer more advice.

I look forward to hearing back from you and wish you the best of luck in your search!

Kindest regards,

Rochelle