Author
Posted Wed 23 Oct 2019 10:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (703 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 14
Spain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 3 Aug 2022 12:03 PM Visits: 68
I am looking for an Irish family to stay with at the end of the year. I would like to learn more about the Irish traditions. Please can someone provide me enterprises that offer this service? 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Kind regards, 

Gerard
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hello Gerard!

What a great idea to stay with an Irish family!

Homestays provide the chance to get acquainted with local traditions while giving a real experience of local life.
Have you already decided in which city or village are you going to spend your holidays?
Knowing a bit more about your plans and destinations may be of great help to members who have information to share.

Meanwhile, having a look online, I came across the websites Homestayireland.ie and Irishhostfamily.ie, both dedicated to family stays in Ireland. I have no direct experience with these companies; however, they could be a good starting point for your research.

Let me know how your planning goes.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Oct 2019 8:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Spain
Hi Elodie, 

Could you help me to connect with Michelle Ryan that offer me acommodation in this community, please? I dont know how can I connect with her. Thanks
Best wishes,
Gerard
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hey Gerard,

Here you can find the contact details for the Tourist Information Centres in Dublin. The best thing it'd be to contact them directly and see if they could help you (hopefully so!).

Once you get that sorted, there are a bunch of things to do while you are in Dublin! 

I hope this information was helpful!

We're always here to help if you have any further questions.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Oct 2019 11:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Spain
Thanks a lot Jorge. I hope I can find a familiy to stay in Dublin. I am really very excited with my travel to Dublin.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 Oct 2019 11:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Gerard,

I hope you find a family too. 

What's are your plan for Dublin? Any visits you are particularly looking forward to?  
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 Oct 2019 11:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Spain
Hola Elodie, 

I would need to contact with Michelle Ryan. Please could you help me? 

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 2 Nov 2019 11:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 20
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 19 Apr 2024 9:20 AM Visits: 11.2K
Hello Gerard,

Thanks for keeping us posted about your findings! We hope you've finally found the kind of accommodation you were looking for.

The Trinity College is one of the most popular attractions in Dublin for sure, with its fantastic Old Library and the famous Book of Kells.

If you want to discover the city and its history, you may also use the Dublin Discovery Trail application, that will guide you through the city, its treasures and stories with a series of free self-guided walking trails.

As for the excursions, are you thinking about renting a car to move around the island? Or do you prefer to go on organized tours? There are a lot of places and attractions worth visiting in Ireland, what aspect of the island are you interested in exploring (castles, natural attractions, music, history)? 

Looking forward to hearing a bit more about your plans!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:22 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Gerard Prades,
I am Michele Ryan, owner of a gift shop in Dublin, Ireland. I have my own home in Dublin and you can stay with us in Ireland if you have not any problem.

Thanks,
Michele Ryan
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 2:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Spain
Hi Michele,
 Would you mind telling me a little more about your family please? 

Is It possible to contact with you by email or  mobile phone ? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Gerard Cots