McLoughlins of Sandhole, Dundalk

McLoughlins of Sandhole, Dundalk

Author
Posted Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
A hobbyist genealogist trying to trace the family of Julia McLoughlin Fitzgerald.
She would have been my dad's brother's wife. They married in 1928 and I'm told they had a son, but I can find no trace of any children being born or of Julia herself after the wedding.
No ulterior motive here, just keen to add data to my tree.
Any news much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Oct 2019 4:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Bridget

In the ideal world, your request will come to the attention of someone who holds information about Julia and her family.

in the absence of such contact, your starting point from a genealogical point of view will be an examination of the records held at the General Register Office of Ireland, as only 'historic' records of births over 100 years old, marriages over 75 years old and deaths over 50 years old can be searched online. More recent births, marriages and deaths can only be searched for in the office of GRO. The contact details are:

General Register Office of Ireland, Government Offices, Convent Road, Roscommon, Ireland
Telephone: 00353 90663 2900
Website - www.groireland.ie
Email - gro@health.irlgov.ie 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Oct 2019 6:58 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Bridget,

It's so exciting to hear about your Irish roots! :)

As always, great appreciation to Brian for some excellent research response!

We have several community posts on the subject of Ireland Family History, which have some excellent resource links and help from our fellow members. There is one in particular, also from our wonderful contributor Brian, about Tracing your Irish Ancestors, which has a great collection of sites to have a look at.

I wish you the best of luck on your search, and please keep us posted on your findings. I would love to know what you are able to find out!

Wishing you a lovely day,

Romina