A place in Dublin

A place in Dublin

Author
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:41 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hey
Can anyone help. Im going to Dublin in two days. Want to find the place of this bench in Dublin. Where is it placed/situated.
Just an address or???https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-11-2019/6cdc4046-bd12-495c-8526-41be.jpg
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Kai, 

It's very exciting you'll be here in two days! I've personally never run into this funny plaque before, but I love how Dublin is filled with these quirky little hidden gems. 

The bench and plaque seem to be located on the Grattan Bridge, which you can find in the centre of the city. 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-11-2019/dbc43e04-7cbd-48b4-bfc2-fa40.png

Besides finding the bench, what are some of the other things you're looking forward to seeing while you're here? :)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:24 PM Visits: 21.9K
Hi Kai,
welcome to the Community and fantastic to hear that you are coming to Dublin so soon.The first article also gives a location. I am not too sure how old the articles are, but fingers crossed the bench is still there. Let us know how you get on and hopefully some of our Dublin members will be able to tell you more.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:14 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hej Christopher.
great for tour help. I’ll read it very soon. Yhanks
best regards kai☘️😜👍❤️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Hej melon. Sorry Melin. It’s a great help. I have an Idea that it World be At  one of The smaller bridges crossing The liffey. I Will write back when I been sitting on the bench. Just for fun
best regards 
kai😜👍❤️☘️☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Kai, it would be absolutely wonderful if you found it! Like Christoph mentioned, the articles are from a wee while ago, so hopefully the information is still correct. :)

I really hope you find the bench and plaque and would love to see a picture if you do! 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:24 PM Visits: 21.9K
Hi Kai,
I have just heard back from a friend in Dublin and apparently the bench is still there! So fingers crossed you are able to locate it.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Dear Melin. This time my fingers got it right. I will find. I bring a German edition of a book “ 111 places you must visit in Dublin” with me. The main reason for my visit  is not finding “hidden” places in Ireland. Even it’s funny and hilarious, no i’am coming to watch the the football game Monday night at Avila stadium. Ireland versus Denmark. Great match like 2 years ago.
thanks for your help. I will write back
best regards
kai😜👍❤️☘️🇩🇰☘️🇩🇰⚽️🍺
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Fantastic, Kai! I can't wait to see how many of the 111 hidden places in Dublin you'll be able to find, and I hope the upcoming match between Ireland and Denmark on Monday is even better than the one from 2 years ago. :) 

Keep us posted! 

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Dear Melin. Thanks for your Nice words and Good vibrations on monday. I hope it Will be same match and resultat. 🇩🇰🇩🇰🇩🇰🇩🇰👍But not realistisk. About The hidden places i Will keep you Update.
are you 👍working/ writing  from your Office in Dublin??
best regards 
kai😜👍❤️