Frawleys of Steuben County NY

Frawleys of Steuben County NY

Author
Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 4:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Brick wall - Looking for location in Ireland where Morgan and Margaret (Garvey) Frawley originated.  Morgan (Born around 1820) emigrated to USA between 1840-1855 and originally settled in PA before settling in Steuben county NY.  Children's names (all born in USA) are John (1856), Jeremiah (1857, wife Mary Kennedy), James (1858, wife Louise Butler), Maria or Moriah (1861, Husband James Hallinan), Andrew (1867, wife Mary Jane Hanrahan), and Michael (1861, wife Anna Quinn, my great grandparents, Michael and Maria are twins).  The only other information I have is my DNA results indicate SW County Clare and the Loophead of County Clare.  I have no town, townland or parish in Ireland. Cannot find an emigration or immigration record for Morgan or Margaret Frawley, do not have their parent's names.  I have been searching all of the usual places for the past several years with no luck. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello again, Nicholas! :) 

It's wonderful that you've been able to uncover information about the possible location of these ancestors via DNA!

Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres

Since your ancestors emigrated to the USA before 1864, you can get in touch with the genealogy centre in County Clare. Have you done this yet by any chance? I know you've already tried all of the available resources, but the on-site genealogist might be able to dive into the archives for you. :)

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 12:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
HI again, I would do some serious research on the irishgenealogy.ie site, if you haven't already. It gives a Frawley as Gawley, Fawley, Fowley, Farley, and Farrell. They are intertwined with the Hanrahan family in the Kerry area. and in Munster in general. There is also a good concentration in England, so don't forget to make that leap as well.

Happy Hunting!
Ginger
www.timetraveltours.com