This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

I’m a total foodie visiting Belfast next month. What are best places to eat in the city?

I’m a total foodie visiting Belfast next month. What are best places...

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)Community Expert (11.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Apr 2017 5:19 PM Visits: 101
Well, you certainly picked a great year to visit – Northern Ireland is actually having a year-long celebration of its delicious food and drink in 2016. And the capital city of Belfast is overflowing with tasty treats, from budget meals to Michelin-star restaurants. 

For starters, I’d take in one of the city’s food markets; St George’s market is the oldest and best of them all! It hosts a variety of markets from Friday to Sunday and sells lots of traditional food, from fresh-off-the-boat fish and wonderful artisan cheese to ripe as you want organic fruit and vegetables. The quality of the food is just incredible – stock up here, because you will want to taste everything.

As a foodie, you’ll also love the Belfast food tour – it lasts 4 and a half hours and is described as a ‘grand morning out’ that gets the gastric juices flowing and the legs pumping! If stopping off at eight destinations and trying 23 different Northern Irish treats doesn’t satisfy your culinary curiosity, not much will!

For eating out without breaking the bank, look no further than Long’s Chip Shop. It’s not exactly a healthy option, but cod, chips and mushy peas is a tradition in Belfast – it would be rude not to! Alternatively, try Boojum Mexican: with six bars all over the island, it is rapidly becoming an institution. Try their spicy nachos or huge burritos for an experience that is every bit as delicious as it is filling.

For a fancier dinner, try OX or 4th Wall. Both are in super-cool areas of Belfast, and serve only the best quality slices of Northern Irish fare. The Michelin-starred OX offers a five course tasting menu for those who want everything on the menu, and it includes mouthwatering Mourne mountain lamb, locally made cheeses and the option of wine pairing, too. 4th Wall offers a similarly delicious array of treats, from wild salmon to the faithful standard, sirloin steak.

You can find out more about Belfast’s incredible food scene, as well as everything else it has to offer, here: http://www.ireland.com/what-is-available/food-and-drink/
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/02-06-2016/2b30afe4-a16b-467b-92d5-01e8.jpg

Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 3:38 PM
Question