The Power Family in Waterford

The Power Family in Waterford

Author
Posted Sun 22 Dec 2019 5:14 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi. I was adopted as a child, and I'm a Power by birth. I've traced  my ancestry back to Thomas Power born 1657, his wife Catherine Hawkins born 1675. Thomas' parents might be Robert and Katherine Power but I'm not sure.
Anyone researching families related to this branch of the Power family?
Thanks and happy holidays to everyone!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 22 Dec 2019 8:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Robin, 

It's amazing you've been able to trace your ancestry this far back! I've had a look through the church records and was only able to find a Thomas Power baptised in 1660 in Dublin. 

Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres. Have you been in touch with the centre in Waterford yet by any chance? 

I hope you will be able to connect with other people researching their Power roots here, and that some of our experts can shine a light on this as well. 

Happy holidays! :)

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 Dec 2019 4:18 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks Melin! Yeah, it's been using various genealogy sites, as well as google, DNA, etc. I've reached a roadblock at Thomas' father Robert and mother Katherine, no dates for them.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 Dec 2019 6:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Robert, thanks so much for getting back! I've had another look but unfortunately couldn't find anything for Thomas, Catherine or Thomas' parents. I hope one of our expert genealogy members can provide you with more tips on where to look. :)