The Perfect 7 Day Ireland Roadtrip

The Perfect 7 Day Ireland Roadtrip

Author
Posted Tue 31 Dec 2019 12:16 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi All,
We visited Ireland in August 2019 and had the most wonderful time. Beginning in Dublin and driving to Cashel then further on to Durres and north following the Wild Atlantic Way all the way up to Westport then finally back to Dublin. We've written an article to share our Ireland road trip of both the known and the not so well known places that just amazed us.  

7 Day Ireland Itinerary (Lifejourney4two.com)

The weather and the people were so kind to us and coupled with the spectacular west coast scenery, we left with some great memories. We explored both known and the not so well known places, following the recommendations from the locals and also during the hunt for those elusive geocaches. What a great time we had.

Thank you, Ireland! 

Warm Regards,
Lars and Shelley
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Lars and Shelley, 

Thanks so much for sharing your itinerary from your trip in August with us! What a super detailed travel report of your route, with amazing hidden gems and routes. I absolutely love that you've included videos of music nights, the Kerry cliffs and all of the suggestions for accommodation. I think it'll be super helpful for others who are planning their trip since the itinerary is so adjustable to other preferences. :)

It looks like you had a wonderful trip with amazing weather, and thanks again for sharing all of your experiences here. What was your favourite part of your trip? 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:04 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Melin,
Thanks so much and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and we hope others can find this information useful too. I'm afraid I can't stop at 1 favourite so I'll mention 2 favourite parts of the trip: walking both Glanteenassig Forest Park and Loop Head Peninsula Drive.
Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to share our article and we wish you a fantastic 2020!

Warm Regards,
Lars and Shelley

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Lars and Shelley,

We can fully understand how difficult it is to name only one favourite place and the two you chose are lovely places indeed!

Please feel free to add a photo or two on this thread and we would love it if you helped anyone else with a few suggestions every now and then.

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jan 2020 10:14 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Martin,
Of course, we'd be happy to share our experiences and add suggestions to any queries. Thanks for the opportunity. Here are a couple of photos of our many favourites: Kilkee Cliffs and Glentassig Forest Park. 
Warm Regards,
Lars (Lifejourney4two.com)

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/06-01-2020/960fb5de-f953-4472-8ec7-4893.jpg

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/06-01-2020/9ec641ae-c654-4497-ad44-ca2f.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jan 2020 7:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Lars and Shelley,

I have to start by echoing Melin, your schedule is absolutely incredible! It's obvious that there was a lot of thought and love put into planning this 7-day adventure and that every second paid off. There are so many hidden gems and truly wonderful spots that you highlighted, it's definitely worth giving you a round of applause. 

Reading about a trip just can't compare to seeing it, if you ask me, and these photos do wonders to capture the beauty of these spots. 

If I may ask a question, I noticed that you stopped by a pub for a hearty bowl of beef stew. Are there any other tasty spots that you'd recommend to adventurers travelling in your footsteps?

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jan 2020 9:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Rochelle,
Thanks so much for your kind words. There is a lot of planning behind the scenes but it certainly pays off.
Being long term travellers, we minimise the times we eat out in an effort to save our pennies so I can't really give you further recommendations other than those already included in our post.
We stayed in BnBs during our visit so ate big in the morning and generally grabbed a pre-made salad from the supermarket which was great value, filling and kept us going for the remainder of the day. 
Sorry, that's all I have to offer.
Warm Regards,
Lars and Shelley
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Jan 2020 4:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Lars and Shelley, 

Thanks for sharing this excellent tip about eating out while travelling! I definitely agree that cooking your own meals where possible is a great way to make your money last longer on long trips. A big Irish breakfast does help, as you won't need to eat much, if any, for lunch. :)

Thanks again for sharing all of your experiences, and feel free to share your tips with other travellers as well!