I love dining out, but I’d love to visit somewhere extra special. Where can I try?

I love dining out, but I’d love to visit somewhere extra special....

Author
Posted Wed 8 Jan 2020 11:06 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Apr 2022 1:52 PM Visits: 248
Eating on the island of Ireland is a delicious experience, but with so many places to choose from, we’ve pulled together some of the the island’s tasty hotspots to help you out.

Let’s begin in Dublin, where perhaps you’d like your first order to be some hearty, rustic, Irish fare. With that in mind, check out The Legal Eagle in the shadow of the city’s legal hub, the Four Courts. With a menu that’s both quirky and appealing – the homemade crisps are a highlight – this gastropub favours food that stays true to its humble origins, while favouring traditional producers.

Chapter One, meanwhile, is a Michelin-starred restaurant located in the basement of the Dublin Writers Museum. Its expansive tasting menu and extensive wine list could also tempt you for pre-theatre dining, as it’s just around the corner from The Gate Theatre.

On the west coast, Loam in Galway is celebrated for good reason! With its Michelin star and its award for Best Restaurant in Ireland for 2019, Loam aims to “capture the feeling and magic of the west of Ireland.” So sit back and enjoy the flavours of the Wild Atlantic Way in this bohemian city.

Along the south coast, Cork city’s Greenes Restaurant works with local food producers to produce simple yet refined seasonal food, while focussing on using traditional practices such as pickling. Delicious.

Partial to a bit of seafood? Then Northern Ireland’s Mourne Seafood Bar serves up delicious dishes in Belfast and Dundrum (the shellfish is a must eat!); while Harry’s Shack – literally on Portstewart strand – has a great fishy favourites, including fishcakes of smoked mackerel served with beetroot and horseradish salad!

Visiting the heart of Belfast city? Then reserve your table at Ox – it’s simply sublime to dine in. Warning: you may well succumb to taking out your camera to snap the delicious looking dishes lined up before you!

Has our Community ever had any memorable food experiences?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/08-01-2020/f8192b1d-5389-4523-9bfd-20f5.jpg