Ireland tourist Visa question (have UK tourist visa)

Ireland tourist Visa question (have UK tourist visa)

Author
Posted Tue 14 Jan 2020 11:50 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi
I am a citizen of India, currently living in Germany. I had recently taken a tourist visa for UK from Germany and had traveled to London for 5 days.
I am now planning to visit Dublin. I am not sure if I can do that with the same visa. Would appreciate any pointers on this.
Regards
Himanshu
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 Jan 2020 12:21 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Himanshu,

It's great news that you are planning on visiting Dublin, and I'd love to point you in the right direction! Most Non-EU travelers will require separate visas for the Republic of Ireland and the UK, but some have a joint UK-Irish visa option.

In this case we recommend reaching out to the Irish Embassy in India. as they will be able to tell you exactly which travel documents you'll need. 

The new British Irish Visa Scheme (BIVS) allows a short stay applicant from India to travel to and around both the UK and Ireland with only one visa. Whether this visa is a UK visa or an Irish visa is dependent on the country you visit first. For more information visit the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) website .

I am also more than happy to provide you with tips and suggestions for your time in Dublin. :) What do you have in mind for your trip to the city so far? 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 20 Jan 2020 9:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Dear Melin
Many thanks for your response. I am an Indian citizen living in Germany with Permanent residency of Germany but I am an Indian passport holder. So I had wirtten to Irish embassy in Germany and this is the response I recevied
Citizens of certain countries may avail of the Irish Short Stay Visa Waiver Programme. This programme allows persons who have been issued with certain UK visas and have entered the UK on foot of that visa to travel to Ireland, within the time remaining on a current leave to remain in the UK, without the requirement to obtain an Irish visa. It allows them to stay in Ireland for a maximum of 90 days (or the time remaining available under the UK visa) within a period of leave to enter and remain the UK.To avail of the programme, UK visa holders must have gained lawful entry to the UK.Travelers may enter Ireland directly from their country of residence as long as both the UK visa and leave to enter and remain are still valid and current and the person travelling has passed through UK immigration at least once on foot of them.For full details on the programme, please visit the following link: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Irish+Short+Stay+Visa+Waiver+Programme

Since I visited London few days back, I am assuming it is fine to travel to Dublin.
It will be just me and my wife for a weekend trip in the last week of February so we land on Saturday morning and leave back on Sunday evening. I know it is really short.I would be really happy if you could recommend top 1 or 2 place to visit, to eat and drink beer (which beer). I do want to visit the beach/shore even though it will be cold so may be the best beach to visit.
Appreciate your guidance.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 21 Jan 2020 1:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for sharing the response from the Irish embassy in Germany.

Regarding your plans of visiting Dublin for the weekend, there are lots of great activities for you to check on this page. If you want to try some of the wonderful food and drink options in the city, this super link would be of help!

Additionally, if you would like to visit some of the lovely places outside of the city, we recommend these 5 walks to enjoy the the blue Irish Sea!

I hope this help to make an unforgettable weekend! :D

I'd love to hear how your plans are coming along! :)

Best wishes,

Romina

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Mar 2020 1:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Himanshu, 

I'd love to hear more about your trip to the Emerald Isle last month! How was your weekend in Dublin, and what are some of the places you've visited? :)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 May 2022 12:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:19 AM Visits: 5
Hi HImanshu,
I am in a similar situation as you, I am wondering were you able to visit Ireland with a UK visa.