Rath Family Tree in Clogherhead

Rath Family Tree in Clogherhead

Author
Posted Wed 12 Feb 2020 4:29 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi,
My name is Kerry Campbell nee Rath, I will be visiting Ireland next month and have found that my family came from Clogherhead.
I would love if anyone could help with my family tree. Patrick Rath 1796 married Margaret Hamilton 20th Jan 1827 that is as far as I have found and they had 8 children.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Feb 2020 11:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Kerry, 

It's so exciting that you discovered your Irish roots just before your trip next month, and I'd love to see what I can do to point you in the right direction for more information about your family tree. :) 

It's wonderful that you already were able to find your ancestors this far back! Are you trying to find out more about Patrick and Margaret's parents? Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres

Clogherhead is located in County Louth, and you can get in touch with the centre there, as well as make an appointment for your visit to do more research. 

Another great place for research, as well as interesting information, is EPIC, the Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin. Are you planning on visiting Dublin while you're here as well?