Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher

Author
Posted Sat 15 Feb 2020 9:02 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Do I need  a tour of the Cliffs of Moher or can I go by myself? The reason I ask is that I've been told it is often foggy, so I don't want to commit to going, if the day isn't clear.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 16 Feb 2020 4:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Fran,

The Cliffs of Moher are a very popular place to visit.

There is no need to be on a tour as there is an ample car park and the visitor's centre is open all year round except for three days over Christmas!

It is possible to also walk along the cliff path to O'Brien's Tower and there is a chance to see as far as the Aran Islands on a good day. Not forgetting the chance to take a boat trip for a different view of the cliffs from the water.

Will you be in the area for many days during your time with us? What else have you on your itinerary?

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Feb 2020 11:37 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Fran 

Hope you are looking forward to your trip to Ireland, we provide daily tours from Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher, click here for details. 
If the tour does not travel due to weather we can transfer your ticket to another day, and we recommend checking a 3 to 4 day forecast to pick your day. 
If you have any further questions you can contact me directly at jeremy@eitravelgroup.ie 
Regards
Jeremy  
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 Feb 2020 1:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 18
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 26 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 60
You can definitely do the Cliffs of Moher independently. We visited the Cliffs of Moher as part of a broader Dublin to Clare road trip. This has the added advantage of giving you more time for hiking (bus trips can be quite rushed). The further you go from the visitor's centre (minding any warning signs, of course), the better off you'll be in terms of losing the crowds. 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Feb 2020 10:06 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Fran,

If you do not want to Drive go Car Free - Care Free with Railtours Ireland.
Monday to Saturday departures to The Cliffs of Moher, Visit the Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, The Burren & Galway Bay.
Tour information can be found by clicking here
Hope to see you onboard.
Kind regards
David