Travel from Dublin Airport to Killarney

Travel from Dublin Airport to Killarney

Author
Posted Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am heading a group of 12 middle aged gentlemen on a golf trip.
We need transportation from Dublin Airport to our hotel in Killarney.
I am aware of the line 747 bus from airport to Heuston train station and the train to Killarney. I am just wondering if they may be any issues on the bus line and the train traveling with luggage and particularly golf bags in travel cases? The train on Irish Rail does say there is 1 change on the route to Killarney. I am just curious if hiring a private transportation company is reasonably priced and a lot less aggravation then the public systems with golf equipment.
I am also aware of a flight we can take from Dublin to Kerry County but then we need transport to our hotel from there and the price may be a bit pricey.
Thank you so much for any input anyone can give.
Todd
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 8 Mar 2020 3:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Todd,

It's great to hear that you and your group are over for a golfing trip soon!

With the 12 of you and all of your luggage and golf bags, I would say a private transfer would probably work out better in the long run. There are several companies that offer custom and private tours which may be of help to your plans and also some Golf tour companies who may also be able to offer useful suggestions on transport as well as courses. It would also mean that you would arrive directly at your hotel and may also prove helpful getting to the courses too!

For information on Irish Rail 's luggage capacity, please take a look at their website as space, while substantial, may not cope with your group as well as other passengers.

Again, the  Airlink Express757 service from the airport allows for an amount of luggage but this will be in addition to all of the other passengers so it may be limited for you all.

I hope this helps get you started, I'm sure our Industry partners and fellow members will have some advice also.

Where have you planned to play during your time with us down in Killarney?

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Mar 2020 2:32 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good afternoon Todd 
Hope you are looking forward to your tip to Ireland, we offer private transfers throughout Ireland using our fleet our luxury coaches of varied size. Please contact me directly at jeremy@eitravelgroup.ie and I can send you details and quote. 
Sincerely, Jeremy Perrin