Dublin, Belfast & Galway - advice needed

Dublin, Belfast & Galway - advice needed

Author
Posted Mon 4 Jul 2016 9:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 22K
Question posted on behalf of Judy MacGowan:
I’m travelling to Dublin this week on Thursday (7th of July) - can you please advice on the below - 
  1. Best way to travel from Belfast to Galway - as easy as possible travelling by bus and/or train. I won’t be driving.
  2. I’m staying in Dublin, Belfast and Galway (in that order) and flying out of Dublin. I’m trying to figure out where I should spend 2 nights between Galway and Dublin - Cork? Waterford? Cobh? Kenmare?

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 4 Jul 2016 10:25 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Judy
Welcome to Ireland. Even if Ireland is quite small, I would recommend not to add too many miles on your road.

First , Dublin is worth a few days.
Then going from Dublin to Belfast, you could take a tourist bus ( Extreme Ireland or other companies, tickets available in Tourist offices) or take the direct bus or train.
I would recommend to take a direct bus to Belfast, stay in Belfast for 2 nights.
Take the black cabs to have a tour of the Murals, Titanic Museum, walk back from the Titanic into Town, along the River, then Albert Tower, Belfast City hall tour( free), have a drink at the Crown pub, go to the Queen's University and botanical gardens and Ulster Museum. Enjoy!

Then , I would go the West, Londonderry ( half day) and cross the border to Donegal.( plenty buses 1h30mn journey)
then from Donegal to Galway via Sligo by bus
very nice road
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 4 Jul 2016 12:36 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Judy, I think it would be lovely to spend the 2 nights in Clare and Limerick on the Wild Atlantic Way and then travel back to Dublin. You can enjoy a day trip to the islands off the west coast (boats leave from Galway and Doolin in Clare); http://www.ireland.com/en-gb/articles/aran-islands/  also The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, lovely villages and towns such as Ballyvaughan, Lahinch, Fanore, Miltown Malbay and Doolin. as well as Bunratty Castle and Craggaunowen. Also King John's Castle in Limerick, see more information here: http://www.shannonheritage.com/DaytimeAttractions/