What are some of the best Irish music playlists?

What are some of the best Irish music playlists?

Author
Posted Thu 14 May 2020 1:29 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Apr 2022 1:52 PM Visits: 248
Ireland is home to many talented musicians and bands, including Niall Horan, Enya, U2, Van Morrison and Hozier – to name but a few! There’s a plethora of sounds and styles to choose from when it comes to Irish music.

A simple search for ‘Irish Music’ on Spotify will bring up a number of artists, albums, and playlists. Irish Music offers a good choice of trad and folk tunes from Irish bands including the Wolfe Tones. Check out the Irish Trad Music playlist for a toe-tapping selection of traditional Irish songs performed by the likes of The Dubliners and Lúnasa, along with covers by bands from around the world. The Boondock Saints playlist offers an array of songs that have a similarly classic Irish sound, featuring American-Irish and Canadian-Irish Celtic rock bands such as The Mahones, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphys.

For a more contemporary vibe listen to New Irish Music 2020 and enjoy recently produced alternative and rock tracks by up-and-coming bands like BARQ and Iliad. A playlist simply entitled Ireland has excellent music from artists like Van Morrison and bands like the Cranberries for a variety of styles and sounds.

Meanwhile, over on Apple Music, be transported to the Ireland of old, or plug into the Ireland of now. The Irish Traditional playlist opts for classics combined with groups like the Gloaming, who give their own stirring and memorable take on folk tunes.

The New Dublin playlist offers a fresh and vivid take, giving a taste of the hip-hop scene in Ireland which is spearheaded by artists like Jafaris and Rejjie Snow.

Or you could make every day a Paddy’s Day celebration, with the aptly titled ShamROCK Your Party. This one is exactly what you’d expect – it’s loaded with all of your favourite pub sing-along classics, as well as a few hidden gems that might surprise you.

If anyone in our Community has more tips on where to find more Irish tunes let us know in the comments below!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-05-2020/005e17f9-278e-4fa8-8e7d-9f78.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2024 11:13 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
"ShamROCK Your Party" is perfect for lively celebrations. Share your tips for finding Irish tunes in the comments!