How can I recreate my favourite Irish food at home?

How can I recreate my favourite Irish food at home?

Author
Posted Thu 21 May 2020 10:34 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)I'm hooked (588 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Apr 2022 1:52 PM Visits: 248
The food in Ireland is special, there’s no two ways about it. Irish food is humble, comforting and packed with flavour.

You can rustle up lots of nourishing and healthy Irish food from the comfort of your own home – as well as some more decadent and indulgent options when you need to treat yourself.

Chatting to this Community, it’s clear that one of the most beloved dishes is Irish stew. The most popular stews are made with beef or lamb (and even a touch of Guinness if you fancy a richer taste). It’s the kind of dish that you can just prepare and leave on the cooker to simmer away for an hour or two and really enrich those flavours.

If you have an Irish granny – or even if you know one – chances are you’ve been treated to some traditional Irish soda bread. Warm soda bread slathered in butter is a treat like no other. And the best part is that this bread is pretty easy to make – no yeast or heavy kneading required.

If you want to create Irish dishes of the highest quality, you’ll have to ask the experts – and there’s no greater authority on Irish food than Kevin Dundon, one of the island’s best-loved chefs.

In his latest video series, filmed in the gorgeous Dunbrody House in Ireland’s Ancient East, Kevin shows you how to make Irish staples like the previously mentioned soda bread and rich desserts like chocolate fondant.

But our favourite has to be his recipe for a hearty kitchen garden soup. It ticks all the boxes: healthy, nourishing, and most importantly, delicious. If you’ve more of a sweet tooth, treat yourself to some irresistibly moreish classic Irish scones.

Does anyone in our Community have some Irish recipes they’d like to share?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/21-05-2020/a65e9581-604e-45c0-8b72-398e.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 Aug 2021 8:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)Community Member (10.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
So many delicious recipes! I'm not the most experienced cook, but those Irish scones look like a dream. Can't wait to make them this weekend and enjoy next to a cup of tea. ☕💚