This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Traveling to Ireland & COVID, is it possible?

Traveling to Ireland & COVID, is it possible?

Author
Posted Sat 23 May 2020 6:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Netherlands
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 30 May 2020 3:32 PM Visits: 10
Hi there!

I am from the Netherlands and my boyfriend is from Cork. We haven't seen each other since February and are wondering if it's possible to meet each other anytime soon, considering the COVID-19 circumstances.

I don't exactly know what the possibilities are. I am thinking of getting a flight to Ireland in June or July. Because self-isolation for 2 weeks is necessary after arrival, I am planning on staying there for 2 weeks and then return back home.

Is this possible? I find it hard to find out if this is all I need to be doing or is there other measures I need to take into account.

Also if you have any tips for me/ things that I need to be aware of please let me know!

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Ilse
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 May 2020 2:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)Community Expert (7.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 18 Nov 2020 8:20 AM Visits: 1K
Dag Ilse,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to see your partner in months given the current situation. 

What I can suggest you is to keep an eye on the official travel guidelines such as the Health Service Executive website for the Republic of Ireland. 
You’ll find guidelines on arriving to Ireland from another country and self isolation. Another tip I can give you would be to contact the airline you intend to use for further information.

Stay safe!

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Antoine