Transfer drive with motorhome from train station Euroexpress in Folkestone to ferry harbour in...

Transfer drive with motorhome from train station Euroexpress in...

Author
Posted Mon 8 Jun 2020 9:55 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Is it possible to do a transfer drive from Folkestone Euroexpress train station to Pembroke to use the ferry to Ireland after 15 Jun 2020 or do we have to stay in quarantine in UK?
Can we overnight one night in UK during our drive from Folkestone to Pembroke or do we need do drive straight to Pembroke?
Would be happy for an answer.
Many thanks in advance. Have all a nice summer!
Best regards
Felix

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Jun 2020 2:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 6 Mar 2024 1:16 PM Visits: 9.4K
Hello Felix,

At the moment, all visitors are required to self-isolate for 14 days when they arrive to Ireland from another country.
As this is under constant review and changes, the section of the HSE page on Travel is the one you want to keep an eye on.
It also gives you more details regarding the self-isolation requirement and form.

Regarding the overnight stay in the UK, I would suggest you have a look at the government website.
They have a section with information regarding travelling to the UK as the requirements are different there.

Stay safe!
Zoey
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Jun 2020 6:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Zoey, 
thanks for your infos. I have visited the "Travelling to the UK" webpage before I set my question on the Ireland-question board. I found no information on transfer drives on this UK-webpage. Where can I find it - have you some advise?

On July 25th, we are planning to come via the Eurotunnel train from France to Folkestone and then drive over land to the port of Pembroke.
Most boarders in Europe are supposed to be opened on 15th or 20th of June. Today Mr. Boris Johnson (PM UK)  announced a must go quarantine of 14 days after arrival in UK. Does this matter for transit travellers to Ireland as well?  
I guess the British parliament will discuss this new "idea" from BJ again because of criticism from British Tourism associations. Do you have more information?. 
Have a nice evening!
BR, Felix

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 8:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 10:48 PM Visits: 25.8K
Hey Felix, 

I am very sorry to hear about the situation and I'd like to advise you to contact visiting Britain and the HMRC directly, in hopes that they'll be able to help you in finding a solution for your trip. 

Just as Zoey I hope that you'll stay healthy and safe! 

Kind regards, 
Lenny
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 1:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 20
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 11:55 AM Visits: 1.7K
Hello Felix,

you can find a comprehensive list of travellers exempt from border rules in the UK here : UK Border Control .

We hope you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards

Margarete

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jun 2020 8:05 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you Margarete for your post. I have studied this UK-Page before I set my question on the question board. I called he embasies of France, Tourist Offices of Ireland and UK. No one knows an answer on my question. It´s very frustrating......   
Have a nice day. 

Felix  
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jun 2020 10:08 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Felix,

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, as many of the steps in places are subject to changes based on ever-changing circumstances, it is hard for everyone to give a clear answer on how things will look like by the end of June.
Things may get clearer coming closer to your planned dates, and therefore those links shared are the place to keep an eye on.

Take care.

Elodie