Taste the world of ART from home - Modern Irish Impressionism - 360 Virtual Tour

Taste the world of ART from home - Modern Irish Impressionism - 360...

Author
Posted Mon 8 Jun 2020 10:15 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Ireland's Ambassador to Singapore, Patrick Bourne along with Dr Nigel Taylor, the group director of Singapore Botanic Gardens (2011-2019) invited Gerard Byrne to take up Artist-in-Residence in the Gardens from August till September 2019. The residency resulted in a new collection of lush tropical flora en plein air paintings from Southeast Asia.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/08-06-2020/02a1d858-463a-47d0-97c6-b7e0.jpg
Phot. Gerard Byrne painting en plein air 'Green is the New Black' Singapore Botanic Gardens

'Botanical Fusion' exhibition which displayed Gerard Byrne's new Singaporean collection alongside his botanical works from Ireland and London's Kew Gardens was a culmination of his residency. Curated by The Gerard Byrne Studio, co-hosted by the Singapore Botanic Gardens and the Irish Embassy in Singapore, and supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs, the exhibition ran for then weeks at the People's Gallery, Singapore Botanic Gardens from 6th September to 10th November 2019.
It was seen by over 50,000 visitors to the Gardens as part of the commemorative celebrations of the Singapore Botanic Gardens' 160 years in existence.

The Gerard Byrne Studio brought the exhibition 'Botanical Fusion' to the artist's home country. The exhibition was launched on 27th February 2020 by Mr Ronald J. Bolger, Honorary Consul - General of Singapore in Ireland. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the gallery had to close and Byrne's botanical paintings could not be seen by the public.

The Gerard Byrne Studio presents GERARD BYRNE: Modern Irish Impressionist’s first ever collection of lush tropical flora plein air paintings from Asia. Enjoy strolling through the rooms filled with art from the comfort of your home.
Click here for the VIRTUAL TOUR.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/08-06-2020/b1903b7a-8c59-4303-8565-9126.jpg
Phot. Artist Gerard Byrne in his studio

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/08-06-2020/24c03218-b7aa-4026-83eb-fd54.jpg
Phot. The Gerard Byrne Studio I Dublin I Home of Modern Impressionism

Located at 15 Chelmsford Road in the heart of vibrant Ranelagh village, only 20 min walk from Dublin's iconic Grafton Street. A unique opportunity to visit one of Ireland's leading contemporary artists' studio in the setting of a contemporary Fine Art Gallery. A display of world class art makes The Gerard Byrne Studio a high-end destination for art collectors and art enthusiasts.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 9:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Agata,

Many thanks for joining us here on the community with a wonderful insight into the works that is going on during this time.

It is lovely to be able to visit Gerard's gallery for a virtual tour while things are as they are, bringing art to our homes and some welcome relief.

We all look forward to the time when we once again can step into and see in person the wonderful paintings on show,

Thanks again!