Quarantine

Quarantine

Author
Posted Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am due to travel from Wales to Galway via Fishguard/Rosslare in early September. I read that the 14 day quarantine on arrival is not mandatory and cannot be enforced but that the completion of the passenger locatoor form is mandatory.

Is it therefore possible for me to go to Ireland as planned?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 Jul 2020 11:24 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hi Joanne!

We're happy to hear you have plans to come to Ireland.

There may be restrictions in place during September, the 14-day self-isolation may still be required during that time. Right now, it is required for everyone but some exceptional cases. Please also bear in mind that you may be contacted during the 14 days after you arrive in Ireland to check that you are self-isolating (if the restriction is still in place).

The Health Service website can give you more information about the exceptions mentioned above. Also, please check often the government websites and our Traveller's Health Page for updated information on the measures taken at the moment.

We hope to be able to welcome you soon. Stay safe!

David

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 4 Jul 2020 12:40 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
If you are coming to Ireland for the first time for sight-seeing, I would suggest waiting until the 14-day quarantine is lifted out of respect for the country's efforts to mitigate COVID-19 infections. I'll be traveling to Ireland from the USA in August, having canceled my trip in May, but since I come every year to visit friends and ride, I am less a tourist and more a 3rd generation daughter coming home. I've rented a self-catering cottage for a week and intend to self-isolate if need be, and will be happy for the peace and quiet! Since I'll be out in the country, I hope to get some nearby walking/hiking in and will be armed with my face mask, but I don't expect to visit friends this time around (even if the restriction is lifted).

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 5 Jul 2020 10:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Many thanks for joining in the conversation with your advice and about your plans to come and visit us, Kelly.

As mentioned, the advised 14-day self-isolation is under review and hopefully, we will be updated on the 9th of July as to the status of this advice.

Once again, we wish you the best in these times and hopefully, things will improve for you and also for us before your planned trip in August.