Visiting Eire

Visiting Eire

Author
Posted Thu 2 Jul 2020 4:52 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi 
Is possible to travel by car, then ferry to stay with our parents at their house in Southern Ireland on 6th July 2020. We cannot stay for 2 weeks to isolate.
We are travelling from England.
Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 3 Jul 2020 11:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Paul, 

I completely understand you have questions about how the current measurements will influence your travel plans for next week, and I'd love to point you in the right direction. 

The Irish Authorities are currently advising against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice, and this includes travel by ferry. The Irish Government's next review of the current regulations is due to take place around July 9th, after you're planning on travelling, and you can keep an eye on the official news updates and resources on this page

Public health advice for people arriving from overseas is to self-isolate for 14 days. You do not need to remain in the country for those 14 days, but you should follow the self-isolation guidelines for the time that you will be in Ireland. 

Your ferry company should also be able to tell you more about your journey. Have you been in touch with them yet by any chance? 

Check out the Traveller Health page for more helpful information and resources as well. 

I wish you the best of luck, and stay safe!