Covid 19

Covid 19

Author
Posted Sat 4 Jul 2020 4:33 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am not sure who to contact. I had a reservation with the Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre which I made last year. Since then COVID 19 came along, the Navy Notre Dame football game was cancelled and Ireland has a 14 day quarantine! I am no longer able to stay at this hotel for obvious reasons yet they refuse to refund the money. Is there a place I can contact for help with this? Also is there a place where I can tell others how this hotel does business? They have had my money since I reserved it so they made a bit of interest for about a year. I would just like to get a reasonable refund from them.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 5 Jul 2020 10:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Many thanks for joining us here with your question.

We encourage you to reach out to Fáilte Ireland to inform them about your experience. As the National Tourism Development Authority, they are the ones supporting tourism businesses on the ground and they are continuing to monitor the situation in the current climate. For the sake of Irish Tourism, Fáilte Ireland actively advocates and promotes best practices for the benefit of all concerned. 

As all tourist accommodation is provided by the private sector, as such, they are free to interact with their public in whatever manner they deem appropriate to their business objectives. While Fáilte Ireland does have a role in regulating accommodation, the legal contract of sale is between the guest and the accommodation provider. Regrettably, Fáilte Ireland can not hold responsibility for how the private sector interacts with its customers.

It sounds like you have contacted the Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre already but I would encourage you to have a look at their Travel Advisory page on their website where it explains the process for refunds on bookings placed before April 6th if you have not already done so.

May I also suggest the following websites for they may be of interest:

The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (www.ccpc.ie)
The European Consumer Centre (www.eccireland.ie/)

I hope that you are able to resolve this issue and that you can come and see us sometime in the future whether for the Notre-Dame/Navy game or just to say hi!