UK mainland visitors

UK mainland visitors

Author
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 10:47 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I would like some clarity on wether visitors from the UK mainland do or do not now need to self isolate upon arrival, in the Republic.
An announcement was due yesterday, but I can't find the reporting of any update.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Steven,

I understand completely, with information evolving so fast it can be a little tricky to keep up with the latest updates. 

Luckily, I do happen to have a bit of information that might help. At this time, Northern Ireland is lifting certain travel restrictions on travel for people from low-to-medium risk nations. As you're from the UK mainland, that means that you would be able to travel to Northern Ireland without the need to self-isolate.

That said, I do see that you're asking about the Republic of Ireland and might have gotten a bit ahead of myself.

As of right now, there hasn't been an update concerning changes to travel guidelines just yet. We were expecting news on July 9th, but it does appear that current guidelines will be in place until the next review on July 20th. As of right now, all visitors are still required to sign a passenger locator form and are advised to self-isolate for 14 days once they arrive in the Republic of Ireland.

For more information, I would recommend keeping an eye on government websites and resources regarding these updates. Of course, if you need any help, you can always ask here.

If you need anything, even just help planning a future adventure, please don't hesitate to let me know.

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:23 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Rochelle,

Thanks for the information.Much appreciated.

Steven