Motorhome Travel from Scotland to Republic of Ireland

Motorhome Travel from Scotland to Republic of Ireland

Author
Posted Sun 12 Jul 2020 6:00 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi, I am a little confused with the current information.
I have a ferry booked from Cairnryan to Belfast on 22nd of July and going to be heading to Kilarney on the 23rd of July in our motorhome, where we have a pitch booked for 4 nights.
When I booked this trip approx 2 weeks ago there was no mention of 14 days quarantine when we arrived. I have now heard today on the news we would have to quarantine. Could you clarify this, as if we had quarantine I would have to cancel the trip. 

thanks
Ann Sinclair
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Jul 2020 10:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Ann, 

I completely understand you have questions about how the current regulations might influence your camping trip for the end of the month.

There are indeed self-isolation measurements in place at the moment that might limit your experience, and you can find more information here. The Irish government’s next review of the current regulations is due to take place around July 20th, and this is based on how the situation develops worldwide. It really is a wait and see kind of situation right now, but I hope for positive news, and you can keep an eye on updates here

As of July 3rd, Northern Ireland’s tourism industry has reopened for those who are permitted to travel on domestic breaks across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. There is no quarantine in place for individuals travelling from Great Britain to Northern Ireland, but if you're travelling on to the Republic of Ireland, you'd still have to self-isolate. 

If possible, you could even consider staying in Northern Ireland for those four days, as you wouldn't have to self-isolate. If you'd like to look at the available recommended camping and motorhome sites in the area, take a look on the following page

For more official resources, check out the Traveller Health page too.

I hope this was helpful, and that it all works out for you! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I'm always happy to help! :) 

Stay safe! 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Jul 2020 11:06 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks for your reply. Like us all, it is a wait and see situation. We have toured Northern Ireland on various occasions all ready. It is a shame that Scotland is treated the same as England at the moment, as our Covid rate is low.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Jul 2020 1:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
No problem, Ann! I can imagine you'd like to see new places after visiting Northern Ireland multiple times, so hopefully, the self-isolation restrictions will be lifted in the near future. 

Again, I'm always here if you have any questions in the meantime. :)