This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Mary Twyford

Mary Twyford

Author
Posted Tue 21 Jul 2020 7:52 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 23 Jul 2020 12:16 PM Visits: 5
I am searching for Mary Twyford as I believe I may be related to her. She was born in Dublin I believe 1956 ish. Her mother and father (Mary and Bill) have passed and her brother also Michael July 15 2006.   I believe she never married and so has same last name. I understand she is still in the area, but perhaps in Wicklow. Any help would be lovely.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 22 Jul 2020 9:04 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)Community Expert (66K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 7:42 AM Visits: 4.6K
Hi Darren,

It's lovely to hear that you are trying to find possible relatives here on the island of Ireland!

Civil registration was introduced in Ireland in 1864 and is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions and deaths. These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland(GRO), to this day through the Irish Genealogy website.

As the record is quite recent and hopefully she may be still alive, there are restrictions on records being available. I would suggest trying the Dublin City Council Family History pages too as a helpful resource to try.

I'm sure our Industry partners and fellow members will have some advice also.

We hope this helps get you started!