Mary Twyford

Mary Twyford

Author
Posted Tue 21 Jul 2020 7:52 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am searching for Mary Twyford as I believe I may be related to her. She was born in Dublin I believe 1956 ish. Her mother and father (Mary and Bill) have passed and her brother also Michael July 15 2006.   I believe she never married and so has same last name. I understand she is still in the area, but perhaps in Wicklow. Any help would be lovely.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 22 Jul 2020 9:04 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 11 hours ago Visits: 13.3K
Hi Darren,

It's lovely to hear that you are trying to find possible relatives here on the island of Ireland!

Civil registration was introduced in Ireland in 1864 and is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions and deaths. These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland(GRO), to this day through the Irish Genealogy website.

As the record is quite recent and hopefully she may be still alive, there are restrictions on records being available. I would suggest trying the Dublin City Council Family History pages too as a helpful resource to try.

I'm sure our Industry partners and fellow members will have some advice also.

We hope this helps get you started!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Aug 2020 9:27 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks I have tried and cannot seem to find any info anywhere. Michael who died in 2006 had two boys and I would like to find them as well. Does anyone have any resources RE searcofor people that they can refer me to?
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 28 Aug 2020 2:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Darren, 

I'd love to see what I can do to point you in the right direction! :) As Martin mentioned above, all of the records since 1864 have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO). Have you reached out to them directly yet? They might be able to tell you more. 
There is a helpful search option on the Irish Genealogy page where you can browse through the Civil records yourself. 

You are also more than welcome to contact an organization called Ireland Reaching Out, where great volunteers attempt to connect Irish descendants to their roots, through reverse genealogical research.  

I hope this was helpful, and keep us posted on your findings! 

Melin