Travel Bases in Ireland

Travel Bases in Ireland

Author
Posted Sun 26 Jul 2020 9:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Will be traveling for a month in Ireland in summer of 2021 and was thinking of renting a home in each part of Ireland (Dublin area, Galway area, Cork area, and Wicklow area so we get a good feel for each part of the country

Any suggestions or recommendations for a better plan or advice?

Thanks!

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 Jul 2020 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hello Thomas

It's very exciting to hear you are planning a trip to the island!

A month is plenty of time to explore a lot of places around Ireland. Renting a house in these areas is a great idea so that you can make some day trips without worrying too much about changing hotels every day. I think the bases you chose are great. However, although Wicklow is amazing, it is only 1 hour from Dublin, so I suggest a city or town a little more south, like Waterford, Kilkenny, or Wexford. Also, is Northern Ireland not on your plans for this trip? 

Here you can search for Self-catering homes everywhere on the island and choose the one you like best for each base.

I would also suggest checking other types of accommodation that Ireland offers.

Staying in a Bed and Breakfast is another great choice as the lovely hosts are a fantastic way to get closer to Irish culture and meet new people. They also have local knowledge that could help you discover new places that may not be on your plans. 

I hope you find this information useful and let me know what you think of the B&Bs.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Thomas,

We would love to welcome you to the Causeway Coast and Glens when you make your trip to Ireland next year.  You will find our region at the very north of the island, in Northern Ireland.  To get here you can travel up the scenic Causeway Coastal Route from Belfast and explore places like the Giant's Causeway, Rathlin Island, Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, the Old Bushmills Distillery, Dunluce Castle and Game of Thrones film locations. There are so many photo opportunities!

The Causeway Coastal Route connects with the Wild Atlantic Way at Derry so you can continue your journey down the beautiful west of Ireland from there.

If you would like some more information about the area please take a look at our web site:  https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com

Best wishes for planning your trip!
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hey Thomas,

30 days is the perfect amount of time to get a feel for each part of the country you're interested in. There are all kinds of trip ideas and suggestions available on Ireland.com. I've gathered a few examples below for you to take a look through:

Dublin to Galway: Discover what lies off the beaten track

Haven Coast: Relax on your way to the Wild Atlantic Way

Wild Atlantic Way: Flavours of the Coast

Here are some ideas to get you started on your journey. This is a great way to plan out your trip and has all kinds of useful information.

Have you an idea of what kind of trip you're looking to have and I could help you find something a bit more specific?

Just as a heads up, here is some traveller health information around the current situation in Ireland. 😀

Happy planning!

Sean