COVID-19 Restriction

COVID-19 Restriction

Author
Posted Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
As I understand it, if I travel to Ireland right now I have to stay quarantined for 14 days and report my location to the government there. I assume that restriction remains in place? Looks like 2020 international travel is pretty much over. I had to cancel our trip to Scotland back in early May because of the pandemic. Of course, getting on a plane from the states for that length of time is extremely questionable although I know some have to for work purposes. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Aug 2020 8:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Bryan, 

I'm so sorry to hear you had to postpone your trip to Scotland in May! I totally understand you have questions about how the current situation might impact your travel plans, and I am more than happy to see what I can do to point you in the right direction.

At the moment, all non-essential travel to the island of Ireland is still not recommended. The Irish Authorities advise anyone coming into Ireland, apart from individuals arriving in Ireland from locations with a security rating of ‘normal precautions’ (“green”), to restrict their movements for 14 days. You would also have to fill in this Passenger Locator Form before you arrive. 

Our daily lives and the way we travel has definitely changed, and this can have a big impact. Make sure to keep a close eye on the official website from the Irish Government from updates. I sincerely hope it all works out for you, and that we get to welcome you to the island when the time is right. In the meantime, we are always here if there is anything else you'd like to know. 

I think you might also like our Ireland From Home section on the Community, where you can find lovely threads that will bring a bit of the island to you.