Hiking holiday in Ireland

Hiking holiday in Ireland

Author
Posted Tue 25 Aug 2020 4:33 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Just wanted to post a resource that might be useful for people looking to do a hiking holiday to Ireland. The Hiiker team and I have built out a map that shows all of the long-distance hiking trails on a single map! There are a lot of gems on there, in particular, the Dingle Way, Kerry Way, and Bluestack Way! Glad to help with any questions here

You can check out the full interactive one here.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-08-2020/b31be145-671a-42d3-9824-d16a.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:08 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Paul,

What an incredible map! I recognize more than a few of these paths and they're mapped out beautifully. There's something very special about exploring Ireland on foot, isn't there? Being able to see the landscape unfold and truly experience the beauty step by step is an absolute treat. I'm sure that anyone with a love for hiking would be delighted to follow in your footsteps and enjoy everything that Ireland has to offer. 

Do you happen to have a favourite route you'd recommend?

I must admit that I'm partial to walks around Dingle. Seeing its beaches and stunning views is well worth the time and effort it takes to explore on foot. 

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hey Rochelle!

Two particular trails come to mind as being really great. The Kerry Camino, a two-day hike from Tralee to Dingle is absolutely top-notch. A second, perhaps surprising one, is the Dublin Mountains Way. Its "only" about 41km long, can easily be done over two days, but the views you get of the city are second to none, but, it can also feel like you are a million miles from the city when hiking through some of the wilder parts.

Dublin Mountains Way
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-08-2020/7c24dcea-0f57-4bcd-bd7f-daba.jpg

Kerry Camino
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-08-2020/945375f6-e718-4b29-ac9c-9220.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Aug 2020 10:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Paul, 

I absolutely love your interactive map! I'm definitely going to use it next time I'm going on a hiking trip, thanks so much for sharing it here. 😊 I'm sure it'll come in handy for a lot of other visitors as well. 

The picture of the Kerry Camino looks amazing, and I'd love to see more of the Dublin Mountains as well. It sounds like you've explored loads of the island on foot. Is there a route you haven't explored yet that you'd like to hike in the future?

Thanks again for sharing! 💚