Stacey/Steacy from Kilkenny?

Stacey/Steacy from Kilkenny?

Author
Posted Thu 17 Sep 2020 8:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I found an ancestry page with information about my great grandmother, her children, and her parents.
I dont know how to pinpoint what part of Ireland shes from except that shes probably from the Republic of Ireland.
The location of her birth mentions two places and I dont know if theyre in the same area.
it says this: Greenville, Waterford, Kilkenny, Ireland

Can someone help me find out where shes from or how to learn more about her?

https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/records/catherine-a-kathleen-stacey-24-12t7x46

Update: My father confirmed she was from Kilmacow.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 18 Sep 2020 8:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
It is wonderful to see that you have found some information on your great grandmother, her parents and children!

Kilmacrow and Greenville are neighboring townlands in County Kilkenny, so it is quite feasible to assume this is roughly the same location. The county border between Kilkenny and Waterford is a little further south and runs through the middle of the River Suir separating the counties which explains why it is Waterford, County Kilkenny.

As she was born in 1887, the civil records for her would be kept at the General Register Office of Ireland(GRO). Entering the details you have given leads to this record for Catherine Stacey. Hopefully, this gives you confidence that the information you already have is indeed correct.

I’d love to know, which of her children is your grandparent?

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 18 Sep 2020 4:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Chelsea

I agree with Martin that birth place of your great grandmother of 'Kilmacow, Greenville, Waterford, Kilkenny' refers to the same place! The townland of Greenville (spelt as Greenvale in Catherine Stacey's birth certificate) sits next to the village of Kilmacow and they are located in County Kilkenny, 3 miles northwest of the town of Waterford. In civil birth registers Greenville/Kilmacow, although in County Kilkenny, are located within Waterford district.

The location of Greenville and Kilmacow can be seen clearly at https://www.townlands.ie/kilkenny/ida/dunkitt/rossinan/greenville/